Chapter 1: Childhood Sweetheart <3

• Dedicated to Rairu Mashū

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs46/150/f/2009/249/5/7/Akira_by_CarolineBezarius.jpg  < open link

Chapter 1: Childhood Sweetheart

     "Hey, stop dragging me," Ella complained as Mrs. Kyun pulled her out from her room. Of course she'll be irritated because like a hermit, she doesn't want to get out of her shell.

     "Let go! Let go! I can walk by myself!" she exclaimed and with this her mom stopped. "Ella, if I won't push you, you'll never follow. You know, we have some important visitors and you have to face them so please..." her mom pleaded.

     "Okay, fine. I'll follow, I'll just fix my hair," Ella turned her wrist band as she returned to her room and closed her door with a loud noise.

     "I don't like this, why do I have to face unnecessary visitors? Well, family is family," she told herself as she tie her hair and brush it with two or three strokes. She's wearing a brown long sleeve top and a blue above-knee layered mini skirt and her glasses, of course. After she ensured that the tie can handle the weight of her hair she rushed to the dining area.

     "Hi, Ella. Long time no see," a warm smile greeted her. It's a boy with white thick hair. Based on her calculations or by provability, he's the same age or rather a year older than her. The boy's hair covers his eyes, his mouth's full of the dough that Mrs. Kyun baked, he wears a jacket and formal jeans, and by appearance he looks childish.

     “Ella, this is Steven,” a middle-aged woman introduced the boy. “He’s your childhood friend, remember?” the woman raised her brows. 

     “Huh? I know neither you nor him,” she frowned not even trying to gather her past memories. Instead, she observed the table, it's full of expensive and delicious looking appetizers and a claret that her parents only bring out for special occasions. Her mom walks towards the table to serve her visitors.

     "Your father's out, he have some appointments so-- "

     "No need to inform me," Ella sat on a chair in front of Steven's not bothering about her mom.

     "Auntie, why doesn’t she remember me?" Steven asked as he pours the claret on his glass and help Ella with hers.

     "What? You don't remember him, Ella? He's your childhood friend," Mrs. Kyun glared at her.

       "Eh? Maybe because time passed quickly and I met a lot of faces of unimportant persons," she quickly replied.

       "But..." her mom tried to continue.

       "It's okay if you don't remember me but, can you still treat me as a friend?" Steven offers his hand with a gentle smile.

     "As an acquaintance," she corrected as she ignores his hand and rest her arms on the table.

       "I think Ella's not feeling well, right?" the woman beside Steven observed.

       "I guess so," Mrs. Kyun confirmed. "Ella, you can go back to your room..."

       "At last," she thought. "Good riddance."

     "With Steven," Mrs. Kyun continued. "Have a little chit-chat while I and Mrs. D.M. will have a conversation.

     "Okay," she replied blankly and went back upstairs, the boy followed her silently.

     "I guess she's irritated to see us," Mrs. D.M. said.

     "..."

 --

     Ella sat in front of her computer and turned the power on, trying to divert the boy's attention away from her.