Prologue

You know growing up, the idea of a superhero fascinated me. The idea that someone can risk their entire lives for the safety of others.

All superheroes have different powers. Those powers are the strongest of them all. Flying, speed, strength, teleport. Every superhero has its own story of how it came to be.

I grew up watching all the cartoon, reading every comic I could get my hands on, dressing up as a different superhero every Halloween, and yes. I had the cape. The cape I would never take off.

Superheros were my little fantasy growing up, yet to me they were real. They were my getaway when I needed it.

But eventually, my fantasy ended.

My parents told me to stop living a dream that wasn't real. The comics went into the attic, the cartoons were changed to reality shows and the cape was sent to goodwill.

Of course I still cared about superheroes after that. But eventually, just like my fantasy, the concept of superheroes were too.

It was in the 5th grade when my brother was kidnapped. Now of course, my first thought was,'No need to worry. A superhero will save him by tonight.'

But tonight turned into tomorrow night. Which turned into a week. Which turned into a month. Which turned into two years and 6 months of waiting.

Thankfully, my brother got out with dehydration, some bruises, and a lesson to never listen to someone who offers candy. The guy went to prison, my dream of a superhero was the one who died in the end. After that I lost faith in them.

I stopped wearing converse, put on some makeup and became the new me.

I was pretty happy with my life after that. I had great friends did well in school and even had a great boyfriend. I was happy with my life. All up until junior year. When my parents made the announce all teenager girls dread.

"We're moving!"

Now you see, when normal parents decide to move it's to another town or even another state. But not my parents. For them, a good move isn't even another country.

A whole fucking different hemisphere.

Ahh yes, my parents decided to move my family to Australia. In the middle of the school year.

I guess you can say there was a couple of week of silent treatment during the breakups, the packing, and the goodbyes. But no matter how much I ignored them, I ended up on a plane to Australia.

It wasn't until I was in front of my new house, completely jet legged when I knew this was real.

And this is where the story begins.

(Hi this is actually gonna be a pretty exciting story oh my god I already have so many plan hope you enjoy bye!)