Graduation

This is my first time posting a story so please be gentle with me, comment if you like and please don't forget to vote.

Love B.

******************

All my life all I ever wanted to do was to see everyone get their happy ever after. I know that I can be cliché but I always pictured the fairy tale ending to all love stories; no matter how tragic they start out. That has been my dream and I have worked my ass of to get where I needed to go in order to become a wedding planner. I want to be the best wedding planner there is.

As I sit in the audience with the Murray School of Designs graduating class I zoned out all the happy chattering and excited conversations that are going on around me . I didn’t want to miss the chance that I have been waiting for all my life.

I could feel the joy and fear, the excitement and accomplishment running through my blood vessels as I waited for my name to be called so i can climb those five steps onto the stage and accept my future in the palm of my hands.

I glanced across the row that I was in and saw my best friend Amanda looking at me with same expression I am sure was mirrored on my face. Amanda and I have been best friends since we were in diapers and have wanted the same thing all our lives. We were going to be the best duo planners in the business.

Growing up in a house with only my grand parents, Joshuah and Meredith Young was full of love but still felt short of something. I never got the chance to know my parents and because they disappeared in a boat accident while on vacation when I was two years old and their bodies were never found.

Its sad but I just have to suck it up and keep moving. Looking in the crowd I see my grand parents with huge smiles on their faces and I smiled back and waved.

One by one I watched and listened to the graduates names being called and one by one I got closer to my future.

“Adryanna Young!...” The announcer Mr. Saunders called out and I stood up from my seat and made my way to the stage as everyone cheered and clapped. I had a huge smile plastered on my face.

This is really happening!!

I cant believe this is happening.

I kept saying that mantra in my head as I got nearer and nearer to my future. I stepped up to the person handing out the degrees and shake her hand and I held it in my hand. I breathed a sigh of relief; I did it... I did it.... I finally did it.

I turned to the crowd and waved to my family and other graduates and on my way down did a happy dance jumping up and shaking. This caused the crowd to erupt in a bout of laughter as I made my way off the stage.

I felt happy. I felt truly happy; I have never felt this way before. I was feeling the emotion that others always tried to explain to me but I just couldn't understand it and now I finally do.

I feel accomplishment flowing through my veins and that feeling stayed with me though the remainder of the graduation. I jumped up and clapped when it was Amanda's turn to go up on stage.

This day feels perfect almost like a dream, almost like a piece of my very own fairly tale and I couldn't wait to see how the rest of my story plays out. After the graduation we all went out to eat at Sonny's restaurant, it was a popular hot spot for family dinners.

After all the excitement Amanda and her parents John and Suzan Mitchell went home. They were your typical all American family they had the house the white picket fence and all the works. Amanda and I always bonded because we were only children and we grew up like family more than friends.

Later that night Amanda wanted to go clubbing but I wasn’t in the clubbing mood all I wanted to do was stay at home and pack my bags for my move next week to be an intern at Rodriques Wedding Designs. It is my favourite wedding Planners in America; it is a family owned business and run by brother and a sister .

As I kept stuffing clothes in the suitcase my phone rang.
“I wonder who is calling me now?” I said sarcastically Because there was only one person who would call me at eleven at night and that beings with a capital A.

Hello?” I answered

“Anna get dressed we are going out!!!”  Amanda squealed I don't know where she always gets so much energy from.

She can make taking a blood test sound exciting sometimes its annoying but sometimes it serves as a way to get me pumped up when I am feeling in a funk.

I thought about it for a moment and the idea doesn't sound too bad. We graduated today for peets sake and I want o enjoy it with my best friend.

“What the hell.. I will get ready!” jumping up to find something to wear.

Open the door I am outside.. I already picked somethings out for you to wear..” she said excitedly

“What?..” I asked surprised although it shouldn't surprise me that she knew I would cave in.

I went down stairs to let her in cause knowing Amanda she would start making all sort of crazy noises to wake up my grandparents.

As the door opens she threw herself at me in all her tight glittery dress glory. 

“Mandy what am I going to do with you?” I said catching her four feet six inches of excitement.