Part 3

Running to the bridge, it meant so much to him, so much to you

Running to the bridge, it meant so much to him, so much to you. He would be no where else but here, the place either of us came when we were upset to comfort the each other. Coming up to the bridge you saw him, peering over the edge. We always said 'if your sad let the water take you to you happy place' but now you know that was were ever he was. Running quarter of the way until he noticed you. Standing halfway of the bridge where we always sat, you could see sadness in his eyes as you approached. You didn't know what to say and even if you did you wouldn't know how to say it. He gave a fake smile and looked back out at the water, the white dress you wore ripped and now falling apart. You stood next to him, your heart hurt, you knew you were in the wrong.

"Why didn't you tell me in person, not over a stupid letter" he said calmly. You looked down at the water, trying not to let the tears roll down your face. The truth wasn't easy but it was never going to be and you knew that before any of this actually happened. Trying to figure out the best way to say it you slowly look up and softly say "I never meant to hurt you but I know I have and I am sorry. My parents wanted me to marry someone I didn't love, I couldn't bring myself to tell you, I know that was wrong and the truth is in the end i couldn't  marry him because my heart belonged to someone else, someone who was always there for me even if I didn't realise it until it was to late. I know you won't forgive me but I hope you understand in time. I truly am sorry." you moved back from the edge and slowly walked away. The tears that you had been holding back finally ran down your cheek. You walked home alone, the brand new dress now a old ripped dress, holes from where it had got caught running after a dream, the drees falling to pieces just like you hopes. Tomorrow you leave for the airport, leaving all your mistakes behind, starting a new life.