× day five ⤖ part one ×

[Hyunjin's P.O.V]

"What the hell is taking them so long?" Chaeyoung mutters, kicking at the dirt on the ground slightly.

"You're seriously complaining about them taking a long time? Your little hunting squad took the entire day two days ago," I remind her.

"Yeah, but my "little hunting squad" found us drinking water. Jisung's a shitty tracker and something tells me that Minji isn't much better; there's no way they're finding us water."

"Then they're probably hunting. Like they're supposed to be doing."

Chaeyoung is silent for a minute before she laughs slightly, looking like an idea popped into her head.

"Bet they're making out," She giggles.

"Ha, yeah right," I scoff, "They are not making out."

"It's the most likely explanation for them taking so long," Chaeyoung shrugs.

"Really? More likely than the fact that Minji just sucks at hunting? She's probably just slowing them down, but idiot Jisung insisted on taking her along."

"Exactly. If Jisung only planned to hunt, why would he specifically ask Minji, and only Minji, to come with him? They're making out. I bet you half my dinner, if they actually manage to find us any."

"That's a risky bet, Chae."

"You in or not?"

"They're not kissing."

"Then bet me half your dinner," Chae smirks.

"Fine, I will. I bet you half my probably-non-existent dinner that they aren't kissing. Jisung took Minji along to teach her how to hunt."

"Alright, keep telling yourself that. They're totally kissing."

"They're not, and I'll prove it. I'll go find them."

I stand up angrily, grabbing my machete and setting off into the woods.

"How do you plan to find them?"

"Jisung left a berry trail," I toss my machete in the air so it flips, then catch it by the handle again. "Have fun losing," I say before setting off into the woods.

My pace picks up after a minute as my thoughts on the situation start setting in.

Who cares if they're kissing? Its pretty dumb of Jisung, but why is it making me so angry?

I dismiss the thought as I focus on following the berry trail.

Doesn't matter. They aren't kissing.

Just then, I hear some sort of squeal from up ahead. It makes me jump a bit, but it sounded more like an excited noise than one of pain.

I cautiously continue down the trail and within a minute, the answer to our bet comes into view.

You've got to be fucking kidding me.

[Minji's P.O.V]

"You sure it was a good idea for me to come with you?" I mutter as I cautiously step over a fallen log, "Cause your berry trail is pretty easy to follow - I could just walk back to the camp on my own-"

"Relax," Jisung tells me, his adorable smile making me feel a bit more at ease, "I won't let anything happen to you."

"I don't get it, though. I have horrible aim, and I can't track - why didn't you bring Chaeyoung? She's the best hunter."