Lost In My Own Shadows

Hi!!! This is my first story and I hope you like it :D

Please comment and vote!!!

Lost In My Own Shadows

Chapter 1

I'm unique, thats what people tell me, as I stare into a mirror, my huge green eyes stare back at me. They're the color of summer trees, dark and cloudy, my blonde hair looked almost white in the sun, the perfect waves cascading down my back, and my skin, so pale, no matter how much time I spend in the sun, I'm still ghostly white. People say I'm pretty in a strange way, I', not classicly beautiful, I'm just wierd, they say my eyes can see into them, look right through to their soul.

I can be a bit freaky, I know, I'm completly fasinated by shadows, the kind that the pale moon casts across the streets. I find what others fear to be interesting and beautiful. My own shadows, those eerie elegance are breath taking.

I dont have many friends, but the ones I do have are as sweet has honey. Well, that's not really true anymore. My best and only friend Juliana, the girl who knew all my secrets, decided I didn't fit in with her and the rest of the eighth grade. Yeah, thats exactly what she said.

"You know something Lila, you just don't fit in"

I was confused, really confused.

"But I thought you didnt care about fitting in?" I said.

"People change, so when are you going to stop acting like such a freak..." Juliana spat, her arms dark hair flying.

Her ugly words replayed in my mind... "Freak...freak..." But she didnt know the things I've been through did she? So how could she judge me like that?

"If thats what everyone thinks of me then, I guess I am a freak..." I could feel the tears welling up, I tried blinking them back, but they kept coming, I ran out of the room, slamming the door on my way.

I ran and ran, into the mist of the forest, close to Juliana's house, trying to run from my past.

As I sat down on the side of the lake, I looked at my reflection, "Maybe I am a freak".

The rain started, it poured, I wished it could wash me away, into another life, I wished hard, staring into the gray storm clouds...

But I knew it was too god to be true, lifting up my thin dress, I walked to the edge of the lake, I hated the girl looking back at me, she was a complete mess, wet hair stuck limply to her ugly pale face, eyes way too big for her face, a was a freak an ugly ugly freak.

Thats when it happened, without thinking, I jumped, the icy water grabbing me in its freezing grip; my heart was beating too quickly, I couldnt breathe, everything was a blur, I tried screaming, but no sound was coming out, my body was completly numb, but I could feel my self sinking and sinking, to the bottom of the lake. I didnt try to fight back as the lake warrped me in its cold embrace.

That day I died.

Again...