THIRTY NINE

i promise this chapter will make sense when chapter 40 comes out tomorrow, this is the last update for the day. i hope you enjoy and don't kill me too much

1 chapter left..

×××

I shot up from where I was asleep, I was all hot and sweaty. My chest was going up and down rapidly, I placed my hand on it before trying some random breathing technique I had learned to calm my breathing down.

"Baby? Are you okay?" Mason questions as he wakes up and sits up next to me on the bed. I shook my head as he wrapped his arms around me before bringing my head down to his chest. "It was just a bad dream, you're okay"

"It felt so real Mace, like an alternative universe real" I say as I snuggled my neck into his chest. He moved his hand and started rubbing circles into my back to calm me down. "Mace, it's 4:34am. I'm sorry please go back to sleep"

"Baby its okay" He says as he kisses my forehead. He moved backwards lying us back down on the bed and I cuddled into his body As if on cue as we were about to go back to sleep the baby cried. "I got it"

"No I got it, I woke you up Mace" I say as I release myself from Mason's grip and make my way over to the basket where the baby was asleep. "Hey baby"

I picked her up before cuddling her to my chest and walking back over to the bed to take a seat. Mason moved towards me and took her from my arms before cuddling her and rocking her. He looked so right doing it, almost as if he was meant to be a dad.

"Hey princess" Mason says as she almost stops crying instantly. "Please don't cry, there's no need"

The baby stopped crying and I nearly started crying, Mason was a natural. It made me jealous how easily he could stop the baby from crying, she was definitely a daddy's girl.

"She's so cute" Mason says as he wraps her up under the blanket, she was cuddled into his chest and asleep. "I love her"

I grabbed my phone before taking a picture of Mason and his daughter before sitting next to Mason on the bed. He wrapped his arm around me before I climbed under the blanket with him. He slowly leaned back lying us both down making sure not to disturb the baby as she slept.

"You should sleep too" Mason says as he pulls me to his chest also. I moved my hand from my side and started light tracing the baby's hand. She almost instantly wrapped her fingers around mine as me and Mason laughed. "That's adorable, but sleep"

I nodded before I placed my head down onto his chest and closed my eyes. I started to think about everything and how it has happened for a weirdly fucked up reason. And then I was out like someone just flicked off the light switch.