Run For Your Life

Hey everyone, so the best thing happened to me: I was graced in the presence of Bob Dylan's, Tom Petty's and the Romone's guitar, and Bob Dylan's hat. You see, I was in Memphis, Tennessee, and there was a whole lotta Elvis. I was in Beale street, and almost about every single store was about music, and you'll see Elvis's face EVERYWHERE. There was so much music going around, mostly jazz or elvis and some lynyrd skynyrd and stuff, and I was in heaven because the street was mostly about MUSIC. There were so many music store's with records in them, I was bummed that the Beatles merch there though was stuff I already had. The guitar's and stuff were at Hard Rock, and I think people didn't really care, but these were MY IDOLS, and they touched THOSE GUITARS.

Then, while we were eating, my grandma asked me if I've ever heard of Tommy Bolin, and he is in Deep Purple, you've heard of the band? I've had! So, you see, I was born in Sioux City, Iowa, and I still live there, and guess what, he's from there too. At first I was like, that was cool, I'm from the same place as him, but then she told me she worked with his parents and they were good friends and that they even came over for a while, and they knew him. And then I wanted to yell at her because I'd really love to be living back then. It's no fair, why was I born in the '96 and not the '50s or 40's? Lucky Bitch.

And then after that we went to the Orpheum to watch Gone With The Wind, and there were like three balconies. That movie is more drama than MTV. Then my grandma told me that once at one of those old outside theaters a tornado went through the screen while the move was playing.

PS: They called actors and actress 'players' back then. I thought it was funny.

Sorry I ranted on you, I just had soo much fun! Enjoy the rest of the story :D

 ***

I woke up in the morning in an empty bed in an empty apartment. I couldn't say I wasn't disappointed, because I was. Besides Sandra, it was really nice to have friends. Maybe it was the fact that I was really lonely or because I was a hardcore fan who had the biggest crush on one of them. 

But maybe it was for the best, they must be busy people anyways. It's not like they were going to stay here long enough anyways. I have work anyways.

Sighing, I grudgingly put on my work clothes, which consisted of a ribbon trim with pockets on both sides of the tight fitted bodice. The uniform would have been okay if it hadn't been the color white, which was never a good color on me. My dark hair drastically contrasted with the outfit, hanging down my back (A/N: I don't know what the hell I'm talking about, the discription probably sounded like a dictionary throwing up).

When I finally approved of my appearanced, I glanced at the time to find that I had yet fifteen minutes to get there. Thankfully, I lived close to work so I could walk. 

The cafe I worked in was simple and small and decked out in the color blue. Walking in, I gave a slight wave and a smile to Urie, a elderly woman who I worked with. She was very kind and I considered her to be one of friends, but she was like a mother to me I guess. She can never replace my real one, but I genuinely love Urie's company.

"Morning Sweetie," she said without looking up from the food she was preparing. 

"Mornin'," I replied with a wide grin and continued to prepare for work. I found my blue apron and grabbed the notepad from it's usual spot. "When will Sandra come in?" I asked Urie as I struggled to tie the back of my apron. 

Urie set down the knife she used to chop the apples and rushed over to help me tie my apron. "Well, it's a tuesday so... her shift starts in an hour, I think," she mused.

I gave her a warm smile. "Thanks Urie." 

"You're welcome, sweetie," she replied.  "Now," she said abruptly. "Take these orders to that nice couple over there." She handed me a tray and pointed toward the corner of cafe.