Confessions of a Teenage Girl

A/N

This chapter is dedicated to TaylorStilinski4 because she has made some amazing outfits for my character, Rebecca, on Polyvore. :)

"So where was he?" Mason asked as we walked into school.

"Who?" I asked. My mind was a bit all over the place, after the kiss with Liam last night.

"Liam" Mason said.

That got my attention.  "Oh, he was..." I trailed off thinking of a decent lie. "He wasn't feeling well" I said.

"Oh. Is he coming in today?"

"Well, I think-" I cut off when I noticed him. His bright blue eyes met mine and a smile blossomed on his face. I bit my lip and looked at the floor. I could feel my cheeks heating up.

"Hey" Liam came over, slinging and arm around Masons shoulder.

"Hey, you're back" Mason said, patting Liams shoulder.

Liam looked up at me and my heart started beating abnormally fast. I then remembered that he's a werewolf and he could probably hear. I mentally cursed and Liam let out a small laugh. What is he a mind reader too now.

"What's going on between you two?" Mason was frowning at us.

"What do you mean?" Liam asked.

"You're both acting really..." he paused trying to think of the word. "Happy" he said.

I laughed. "Oh no, we're smiling and being happy. It's the end of the world!" I rolled my eyes jokingly as I opened up my locker.

"Well considering your usual bad mood-" Mason started.

"Hey! I have a lot going on" I defended.  We both started laughing.

"I need to talk to Scott, meet you next period" Liam hurried off to find my brother leaving me and Mason alone.

"Rebecca, I know I'm a guy and you probably would rather discuss this with girl friends-"

"I don't have any girl friends. Plus, you're gay so you're the next best thing" I joked.

"You're hilarious" he said sarcastically. 

"I know"

"Anyway, I just wanted to ask you about Liam. More specifically,  you and Liam"

"What about me and Liam?" I knew where this was going.

"Has something happened?"

"Hey, that's a nice shirt. I haven't seen you wear it before. Is it new?"
I tried to divert the subject.

"It is actually-" he smiled. "Wait stop changing the subject. Tell me everything"

"Nothing happened" I said just as we approached the classroom. Mason put his arm out to stop me from going in. I groaned. "Fine we kissed" I said trying to push past him.

"You kissed?" he asked as we walked inside.

"Yes"

"That's great. I mean if you like him, which I'm guessing you do if you kissed" he rambled.

I nodded, offering a small smile.

"Wait, why are you acting so calm"

"Because it wasn't much. I mean yeah it was, it was a hell of a lot" I admitted.

"Do you regret it?"

"Of course not. I just feel a bit weird" I said pulling out a chair. Mason sat down next to me.

"Elaborate?"

"Well one minute I despise him and the next we're kissing in the vets"

"In the vets?" he asked. My eyes widend.

"Don't ask" I said bluntly.

"So do you like Liam?"

"Yeah. As friends, definitely.  But more? I just don't know" I admitted. Mason nodded.

"He really likes you"

"I just don't want to get hurt. I've been through so much, you wouldn't believe everything that's happened the past few years" I said.

"He would never hurt you"

"I know" My voice was small. "I think maybe I need to figure things out" I admitted.  Mason nodded. "Please don't tell him what I've told you. Promise?"

"Pinky swear" he smiled. There was silence for a while.

"Mason?"

"Yeah?"

"Thanks. You're a really great friend" I smiled. He smiled back and Liam came over and sat in the desk in front.

"Did you speak to Scott?" I questioned. Liam nodded.

"Is everything okay" I asked, hoping Liam would get what I was reffering too. No more deaths, no more assassins with deadly weapons, no more Kate.

"For now"

For now.

                  ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

"We need to talk" Liam caught my arm as I left class. I nodded and followed him down the hall. "Is everything okay? You're acting weird"

"I am weird"

He chuckled. "Is this about last night?" he asked, biting his lip. Please don't draw attention to your lips, sweet jesus.

"Liam, I really like you but-"

"We hardly know each other" he said sadly.

"Not just that. I feel like my head is all over the place right now. There's so much going on I just need time to figure things out" I said.

"Are you worried about the dead pool?"

"Yeah, I really am. Everybody I care about is on there, I can't lose anyone. I lost Allison last year and I miss her like crazy. I think about her every day, she was like a big sister to me. Imagine if I lost my brother, or Kira, or Lydia? Or you" my voice cracked.

"You wont lose us, I promise"

"Don't make promises. The last time someone made me a promise they died in my arms" My eyes started to sting and I tried to blink back the tears.

"Rebecca, listen to me" he lifted my chin up with his hand. "You are a strong, beautiful, independent girl. You don't need to worry about losing any of us. I'll be here for you"

"I just can't do this anymore. I feel like my head Is about to explode. All I want to do is curl up in a corner and cry" I started hyperventilating.

"Rebecca, it's okay. Just take a break from everything"

"I can't! Something always happens and I always end up involved. I just can't deal with it anymore. I just want everything to be how it was before" my hands were shaking and Liam took them in his.

"Rebecca, breathe" he said.

"There's a dead pool, assassins everywhere, my mom is in money troubles. I don't want anything to happen mom and Scott!"

"It's going to be okay-"

"How do you know? What if this time on a week everyone I care about is dead. I can't lose anyone" I was full on crying now. I wanted to hold it back in but it was too late now. I was afraid that if I held any more emotions in I was going to drown in my own thoughts. I took a deep breath, trying to control my breathing. "Liam don't leave me" My bottom lip trembled.

He pulled me into a hug and I closed my eyes. "I won't leave you. Trust me" I let a few tears slip from my eyes.

"Sorry" I muttered, wiping my eyes as I pulled away from the hug.

"It's okay. But next time, talk to me. or Scott, or whoever. Just don't bottle it all up" he said. I smiled. I can't believe I used to hate him. He's so sweet, oh god I'm falling for him.

"About last night-"

"I understand if you need time" he said.

"I just don't want anything to happen to you. I can't go through what I did with Ally" I said truthfully.

"I understand. I'll wait for you" he said, making my heart flutter.

"Thankyou" I pulled him into a hug again.

I felt safe in his arms. Something I hadn't felt in a long time; safe.