River (part one)

Hiii, the next chapter is here :) :)

Thanks for all the reads on the previous chapter and a very big thank you if you're still reading this book! x

And a BIG THANK YOU to Marryathebest, our little talks mean the world to me :)

If there had been any doubt in Harry's mind before, this letter cleared any and every trace of doubt floating around in his confused mind. Emotions crash into his soul like waves onto the shore, leaving him breathless.

"I'm so sorry, Harry. If I knew the letter was going to upset you this much, I would've just left it on the counter downstairs," Lou says quietly, staring at a frozen Harry.

He shakes his head and meets her steel gray  eyes," No, Lou. I'm glad you did... I'm not upset, I'm just... overwhelmed. Her words are so brutally sincere... she simply overwhelms me. Every single time, I've never known anyone like her before."

She tilts her head lazily," Harry... how do you even know that she's a girl? Has it ever crossed your mind, that it might be a guy writing you these?"

Harry doesn't react immediately as he is deep in thought, trying to find and provide Lou with an explanation to his certainty. He smiles subconsciously," I just know, Lou. At first I didn't know, but when I figured out that the poet and the angel was the same person... then I knew."

He pauses, still staring off into the distance.

"The way she held me so delicately, enclosing her arms around me as if I could break any second. She held me like my body was in the state of my mentality, she knows how emotionally fragile and how close to broken I am. Her eyes saw something that everyone else has missed..." He continues, trailing off.

The petite blond nods slightly, bowing her head down and catching the teardrop falling from her face, onto her open palm. She feels guilt building in the pit of her stomach at Harry's personal confession. The young boy notices and scoots closer to the crying girl, holding her in his embrace.

Tears that roamed his face are starting to dry and his unsteady breathing is gradually calming down," Don't cry, Lou. I'm better now..."

Concern laces her features as she looks up the boy," How, Harry? How can you fix someone who's broken?"

"By picking up the pieces and putting them back together."

"How long until that glue dries again... how long until they fall apart again?"

"That's why they have to use something much stronger than just glue, Lou. Something that doesn't weather with storms or melt when things get warm... Something that overcomes all and something that beats all the odds, something like love."

"But still... They might have fixed that person and put him back together, but falling again is inevitable..."

"I know... But if they've spent all of their love gluing you back together, they won't let you fall again."

Silence fills the room, the good kind of silence. It's actually the best kind of silence, where the spoken words fill your heart and your being. The feeling in itself is enough and therefore there is no verbal response needed. Lou adorns Harry's face with her eyes and sees her vision getting blurry. Right in that moment she just knows how proud Anne would've been of him, because she herself couldn't more proud right now.

"What are you going to do, Harry?" She asks in concern.

He sighs and lowers his head," All I know is that I need to find her..."

"Then what are you waiting for? Find her!" Lou says with an encouraging smile.

"How? Everyone thinks I'm crazy..." He replies quietly.