Hurt (part one)

The chapter is here as promised! I have not had time to edit this chapter yet, so feel free to point out any mistakes you may encounter :) Enjoyyy!

.....................................................................................................................................

es' POV

The next morning everyone is gathered in a small circle for our usual group meeting, well everyone but Harry. My jaw was on the floor when he made his speedy exit during yesterday's session, it is like I only started to realize how much he was taking the situation to heart. It scared me.

"Good morning to you all... I see we are one member short today..." The counselor notes as his eyes scan the room.

He let out a little chuckle," I cannot say I'm disappointed; shall we get started?"

Guilt was starting to set in, because it seems like my little game is causing Harry to alienate everyone around him. I never wanted that. I just wanted him to know that he had someone in his corner, someone to shelter him when his world concaves on him. It's a concept I desperately need him to understand and that's why I wrote him another letter last night. I hope it's enough to make him stay.

Suddenly he rises from his chair; the heels of his weathered brown leather shoes pushing against the floor. He picks up a pile of books, and gives it to heather, before settling back into one of the metal chairs. The stack of small notebooks gets passed around in the circle, our councilor's expression encouraging us to each take one. My eyebrows furrow, forcing wrinkles to appear between them and on my forehead. I'm pretty sure the confusion that's visible on my face is present in everyone's minds, since these unexpected gifts are... well unexpected.

"I want those to become your new best friend." He says addressing our questions.

"I want you to think of these as journals. A place where you can pen down your thoughts and emotions, I want you to put down your feelings on paper. After yesterday's ordeal with Mr Styles, it just became apparent to me how pressing this matter actually is. We as human beings deal with an array of feelings on an everyday basis, because we as humans are emotional beings. In a place like this, there are and will be days when our emotions will feel heightened. So it's very important that we deal with these overwhelming emotions and thoughts by expressing them..."

Tyler's face is overtaken by annoyance, a direct contrast to Heather's, whose eyes are curiously trained on the councilor. I, on the other hand, have always known the power of expression through words.

"So I want you all to write in journal daily, whenever everything just feels a little bit too much. Just take a deep breath and just write it down, instead of lashing out." He instructs holding one of the books in his hand.

"Any questions?"

Tyler raises his hand," This is dumb."

A few giggles fill the room, but my mind is still racing with thoughts about Harry. Is he leaving? Is that why he hasn't come out of his room since yesterday? What about my letter? Did he even receive it? If so, how did he feel after he read it? Is he better or worse? All these questions are driving me crazy. I need to see him. This can't be over yet, I still have so much to show him.

...

Harry's eyes follow the cracks in the ceiling, the sharp lines leading his eyes like rivers. The bed creeks as he adjusts his body on the thin mattress beneath him, his hands folded over each other as he continues to stare at the monotone ceiling. The question as to why he is still here constantly crosses his mind; it's a question he can't seem to answer. He came here because of her and he has a feeling that's the exact same reason he might be leaving as well. Her mind games led him here, but it's not enough anymore. She needs to open up to him; she needs to confess who she is and why she started writing him all those letters. He needs answers, all the mystery surrounding her becomes less and less intriguing with every day that passes.

A quiet knocks disturbs his thoughts before the door slowly creeks open and disturbs his privacy. Big, brown eyes curiously peek from behind the wooden door. Harry immediately recognizes the beautiful girl. It's the girl he held in his arms as she sobbed into his chest. The girl he seems to like and dislike simultaneously.

"Everything alright, Harry?" She asks in a small voice.

He can't help but let his angry facade falter at the sight of her standing in his doorway. Green eyes lower their view to the bed, ignoring the girl staring at him. She steps closer and joins him on his bed, waiting for him to acknowledge her presence.

"I'm fine, Estelle. What are you doing here?" He breaks the silence.

She's a little taken back by his curt tone, immediately regretting coming to his room in the first place.

"I don't know... I guess I'm just worried after yesterday, you haven't said much since." She croaks.

The boy turns his head to look at her, her eyes laced with worry while his are mistrusting of the person sitting in front of him. Whether to trust her or not is a continuous battle in his mind. Instead of explaining it to her, he decides to show her instead. Wooden floorboards creek under his weight as he makes his way to a small wooden drawer, his fingers reach in and retrieve something. Estelle's curious eyes are trained on the pretty envelopes caught between his fingers, her brows furrowing as she brings her eyes to his face.

"What are these?" She questions.

"Pffft..." He exasperates disappointingly, tossing the letters onto her lap.

Watching her open the envelopes as she pretends to not know a thing about them makes him chuckle in disbelief, the humor not quite reaching his green eyes.

After she peels the letter from its envelope her eyes travel down the page along with the words.

She frowns and brings her gaze back to him," What is this?"

Harry could feel his hands tightening into fists as anger and disappointment washes over him.

"How can you just stand there and lie to me?" He asks, trying to keep his heightened emotions at bay.

Her big brown eyes stare his hardened face," Harry... I don't know what to say..."

As Harry stands there, he can't help but feel torn. Why would she lie to him?

.....................................................................................................................................

I apologize for the shorter chapter, but I sincerely hope you still enjoyed it :)

Don't forget to vote and comment if you liked it, I'll give you a cookie for remembering...