Chapter 1: Oletus Manor

Hi.

My name is Emily Dyer, a 32 year old female doctor, or nurse, whatever you like to call it.

Well, I have no idea how in the entire world you have managed to find me, but come along, let me tell you why I am here.

10 years ago, I was a fresh, new girl. Graduate of prestigious medical academy, Frankfort Academy. My classmates and friends all envy me for my excellent grades, smart brain, and peach skin tone.

Well, everything seemed too perfect for me. I was so ready to go out into the society to work.

But almost too perfect.

My dad and mum were the worst parents in the world.

Are you shocked?

Not for me.

I hate them not because they disown me.

They left me for no specific reason for heaven and left me a stack of debts to deal with.

Every Friday, I always struggle to find the money needed to pay the debt collector when he comes.

Which made me lose the opportunity to open my own dream clinic where I can help people.

Ugh!

I am so mad!

But I somehow managed to find this job at a small tiny pharmacist not so far from home.

So for a few months, I paid these debts slowly.

The debt collector was patient, at least.

He even offered me a deal!

If I were to play this game of his at his manor, he will clear the rest of the debts for me and even supply me for the money I need to open my own clinic! Or even find a place where I can finally call home!

Of course I'll accept it!

And so, I packed my bags and left with him to this manor of his.

When I reached that manor, he locked me in without saying anymore.

I was scared, of course.

Even up to this day. Even though I have been playing this game for the past 10 years.

And the debt collector did not keep his promise.

I am sure I have won over 40 games that I have played, maybe losing around 5, but still, I haven't received the money the debt collector promised.

And you may ask, why don't you escape, Emily?

Well, there is no way you can escape here.

The glass is fibre glass, tough.

The floor is wooden but impossible to break.

Your rooms are video recorded.

You are kept under close look by this group of people called hunters.

This group of people include, a man with a shark, a china lady, a slenderman, a clown, a tentacle man, and a spider, who I still fear.

Some cloaked man tried to escape when he first arrived and was killed instantly, unlike how the hunter would knock us out when he find us in the game.

"Emily... help me.. please..."

This is Emma. My roommate, and my only best friend here. Don't get me wrong. I am friends with everybody here, but I have a better interaction with Emma.

Emma is a gardener. Her full name is Emma Woods, and she is just 22 this year.

And her fate was sealed today. She was sent off to Sacred Heart Hospital for her game today with the clown.

And me?

I escaped from the Arms factory, away from the shark guy, Leo Beck, about an hour ago. He was easy to deal with, since he was just chasing some random butterfly.

And by the looks of it, Emma escaped but got a blow by the hunter.

She laid on my bed and groaned, while clutching her stomach tightly.

I turned on the dim lamp, which was the only light source in the room, grabbed a bandage from my neat bedside drawer, and bandaged her wounds.

"Ohhh... yes... feels so much better already..." she breathed.

She got off my bed and went off to sleep, shaking.

It's natural to get traumatized after the game. It's even worse if you get caught. That's because you'll get tortured until the hunters feel like letting you off.

Just how much longer we are staying here, I don't know.

What I know, is that we are going to be here for a long time, and it requires an alliance with everybody here, who is at the manor.