Chapter 4

"You got his number?" Kori asked surprisingly.

"Yes, but it's only for church business. I'm not calling him." Shelby clarified.

"Wait, does he have your number?" She asked.

"Umm, no." Shelby answered hesitantly.

Shelby heard Kori suck her teeth through phone. "Why not?"

"I don't know. I just took his and told him that I'll give him a call if I needed anything."

"You do need something." Kori said.

"And what exactly do I need?" Shelby asked, not sure what Kori meant by that statement.

"You need to give him your phone number and stop being a punk."

"Kori, it's not that serious. I'll see him at church. I'll practically be working with him."

"So! He may need to call you for something about church."

"We have each other's email address." Shelby mentioned.

"Are you kidding me? That man doesn't want to email you! You said that he wanted to get to know you, right?"

"Well, yeah." Shelby confirmed.

"Then, he's clearly somewhat interested in you. You need to stop being shy and let go of whatever pride you have about men because this man is no ordinary man. He's a man of God and you as a Christian woman, should be all over him because of that." Kori said in a tone that made Shelby think about what she said.

"I just don't want to seem like some easy chick."

"As long as you know that you're not an easy chick, don't worry about anyone else. He seems to be interested in you, just give it a try."

"Besides, he's a pastor, there's your man of God." She said in a mocking tone.

Shelby sat and thought for a moment, Kori was right, so she figured she could take baby step with him, with an email.

"Okay, I'll email him this evening." Shelby shared.

"Email?" She frowned at her phone as if she could have been looking at Shelby.

"I have to keep the business going. It's a baby step." Shelby shrugged.

"Oh, so you're gonna act like its business by sending an email then business will turn into pleasure with a phone call, then a date, then love, and last and certainly not least, love."

"Love?" Shelby questioned. "Can I email him first, dang."

Kori laughed. "I'm just trying to help you with your future."

"The only thing in my future is me sending this email."

Kori sucked her teeth. "What will the email say? You have to have it approved by me before sending it off."

"I could have sworn I graduated college already, professor." Shelby responded, sarcastically.

"I'm just saying, leave some hints in the email that'll let him know that you're interested."

"That's just being thirsty." Shelby stated. "What if he has someone else read the email for him or he reads it around someone else at the church?"

"I was just trying to help you live a little." Kori said.

"I am living. I'll shoot him an email in a few."

"Oh, a few?" Kori teased. "What happened to this evening?"