Chapter 5

Shelby was at her mother's house as she ate dinner with her family.

"Mama, have you noticed Shelby's grin from across the room? It's almost like she has something to tell us." Shayla smirked at Shelby.

Shelby had already told her sister about her date with Quincy, but she made Shayla promise to not say anything, but she's been throwing hints all night.

Shelby sucked her teeth. "Shut up, Shay."

"Don't be like that." Shayla giggled.

Their mother glanced at Shelby and then she looked at Shayla. "Leave your sister alone."

When their mother left the table, Shayla and Shelby were still sitting.

"Hey, you wanna go to the grocery store with me?" Shelby asked her sister.

"Nope. I'm going out." Shayla answered.

"Out where?"

"A date."

"With Tim again?" She asked.

Shayla took a bite of her food. "No. I'm done with him. Another guy." She answered after she chewed and swallowed her food.

"Oh, well have fun." On your date.
Shelby never understood how her sister could go out with different guys all the time. With them being identical twins, she'd thought she would be able to snag a guy as quickly as her sister.

Then she realized it was definitely the different personalities. Shelby wasn't as open as her sister. Shayla was more of a people person than she was.

"Shelby got a man?" Her brother, Patrick, asked, jokingly.

Shelby sucked her teeth. "No."

"I do see a little smirk on your face." Her mom stated with a smile. "You have a boyfriend?" She asked.

"No. I just went on a date. That's all."

"Must've been a great date." Her brother commented. "Got you in a good mood."

"I'm always in a good mood."

"But you don't normally show it."

"I was just glad to get out and have a good time for once." She said.

"Well, I'm glad you went out too and had a good time. Hopefully, this young man can be the one to sweep you off your feet." Her mother commented.

"Thanks mama." Shelby said. "We'll just see where this goes. One step at a time."

"Alright, I'm gone." Shayla grabbed her purse off the chair.

"You gonna get tired of going out with different people all the time." Their brother shot at her.

"I doubt it. It's who I am. Always great to meet different people all the time and hang out with them."

"Just keep your legs closed while you're out." He commented.

Shayla slapped the back of his head as she walked away. "Where the hell is your wife?"

"Hey, you two!" Their mother snapped.

Shelby just laughed. She loved when Patrick and Shayla argued.

"She's somewhere being a wife!" He laughed.

"If you want to think that." Shayla groaned and made her way to the front door.

"Be safe out there."

"Yes, mother."

"Where's Ahmad?" Shelby asked, referring to her younger brother.

"He went somewhere with his friends." She answered.