Chapter 6 - The Conference

Not all those wander are lost

- J.R.R. Tolkien

London, Present day

London, Present day

Shit!

Ashley cursed for approximately twenty times today when she woke up from her power nap and found out it was already 6 pm in the evening. It was supposedly a thirty minutes nap nothing more but she ended sleeping for almost three hours.

She felt awfully dizzy. A migraine after too much sleeping is what she hates the most. Maybe public and people expected her to be a soft, modest and feminine person but in reality, she is just a pig. Even worse than a pig.

This morning Ashley spent her time mostly for sightseeing around London like a usual tourist do in their first visit. Big Ben and London bridge is her favorite, since the international conference was held in London there is nothing she can do other than walking around in the famous Portobello road and places near Buckingham Palace but after four hours doing the same monotone things she finally retreated to the ice cream café and stayed for more than two hours because of their incredibly fast Wi-Fi connection.

Internet is almost everyone's guilty pleasure. She could browse about 'How to Become Rich' for more than an hour every single day. Sometimes she jogs sometimes she doesn't, Ashley felt she didn't really committed to doing sport and keep her body in fit, she knows herself very well and she never avoid eating burger or tacos; two of her favorite American delicacy. The hell with fat and cholesterol, she could control how much she consume it before she getting to much fat in her belly.

She went to Restup London, the hostel after spent her time outside until three pm and decided to take a nap for a moment. The conference started in eight pm in the evening and there is no use for her to make a ruckus for everything. She had a lot of time to prepare.

But, now at six pm she went panicked. She wanted to go to salon after took a bath and wearing her favorite Michael Cinco gown but looking at how limited her time is she only decided to do normal shower as fast as she could for a normal woman's bath time. She took out her gorgeous gown, admiring it for a moment before slipped in to her body. The gown was still fit and wrapped her slender 5'4 feet figure perfectly, the end of the gown in the backside was lower than she expected when she is not wearing high heels, it reached and touching the floor. She gave herself a little compliment while looking at her reflection in the mirror. There is no one she could ask for opinion about her gown so she assumed everything was perfect.

Ashley took out her makeup tools which took almost quarter of her luggage. She silently contemplated her decision whether she use the nude pink lipstick or bright red one and decided to matching it with her lovely dress. So, pink nude one it is.

She keeps her makeup as natural as possible, a little creamy foundation to hide her pale skin added with pinkish blush in her cheek, eyeliner and a slightly silver mixed with cherry colored eye shadow. She let her blonde hair loose, cascading down until her lower arm. Wearing her favorite gold necklace along with a set of earrings with lily of the valley shape she smiled to herself in the mirror.