Chapter 92

Copyright © 2018 Nicole Mckoy

Jasmine P.O.V.

"I want one," Gwen gushed as she held Deacon.

"Oh no man take your son away from her," Dean joked to Evan.

"I knew one look at my mini me would have Gwen begging for you two to start trying," Evan teased.

Gwen and her husband Dean were in town and came over to meet our son.

Gwen is the one female Evan's introduced me to aside from his mother that I like.

Gwen is such a boss but is so down to earth. I feel like we can talk about anything and she won't judge me.

She gives great advice and isn't the type of person to push her own views on you.

"We're still waiting. We said probably when we're five years into marriage we'd start trying," Dean said.

"But look at him babe. He's so cute," Gwen said as she kissed my son's cheeks.

I smiled as I watched my son smile at Gwen.

He's a happy baby even though he's been through so much in his little lifetime.

"Well we're going to leave you ladies here while we go to the grocery store," Evan said.

I snapped my neck and turned to look at him.

"What do you mean you're leaving us here while you two go out? Why do you need to go to the grocery store Evan?" I asked.

"Dean and I were thinking we'd grill some steaks for dinner tonight," Evan said.

"Why can't we just have food delivered? Why must you leave me?" I asked.

"Babe it'll only be for like an hour. Besides you wont' be alone, Gwen is here with you," Evan said.

"Fine leave it's what you're good at anyway," I said as I got up from the couch.

I walked into the kitchen and Evan followed me.

"Jas!" Evan called my name.

"You couldn't wait for Dean and Gwen to get here so you could find a way to get out of this house right? Huh? As if you just have to have steak tonight. Order a damn pizza and lets call it a night," I said irritated.

"I wasn't looking for a way to get out of the house. Dean and I actually just thought it'd be nice if we cooked for you and Gwen. But now that you mention it... baby when are we going to get back to normal. I mean we could take Deacon on a walk around the neighborhood or even to the park," Evan said.

"He's baby Evan. Why on earth would I take him to a park to catch germs or get abducted?" I said.

"Get abducted? That's extreme," Evan said as if I was being crazy.

"Extreme? Are you really going to stand there and talk to me about things being extreme? Have you forgotten that your son and I were taken by my own sister and I was left for dead," I said as I crossed my arms.

"Jasmine I didn't mean-"

"Didn't mean what? What Evan? Huh? What?" I snapped at him.

Evan just raised his hands in surrender not knowing what to say to me.

"You know what go. Just go with Dean," I said over this conversation.

"We'll be back. I have the security app on my phone and will check in on the cameras," Evan said.