Chapter 93

Copyright © 2018 Nicole Mckoy

Jasmine P.O.V.

I stood over Deacon's crib watching him sleep.

After Gwen and Dean left Evan cleaned up the dishes as I came upstairs and gave Deacon a bath.

I got him ready for bed and now I was watching him sleep peacefully in his crib.

I slowly reached inside his crib to pick him up. I needed to hold him.

Before I could pick him up I felt arms wrap around my waist as lips were close to my ear.

"Leave him... come with me," Evan whispered.

"No he needs me," I said as I pushed Evan's hands off me.

I reached for Deacon and picked him up. I held him close to my chest and pat his small back gently.

"Jasmine he's sleeping. Let him sleep," Evan said as I turned around.

"He sleeps better when I hold him," I said as I walked over to the rocking chair.

I sat down and began rocking in the rocking chair.

Evan down in front of me and looked up at me.

"Jas, baby when are you going to let him spend the night alone in here?" Evan asked.

"He's a baby and needs his momma," I said as I rocked my baby boy peacefully.

"Jasmine he's a baby but he doesn't need you holding him while he sleeps through the night. Baby at some point you're going to have to come back to our room and sleep in our bed," Evan said.

"What is this? Are you jealous that our son is taking up my attention more than you now? Please get over yourself Evan," I said with an eye roll.

"Jasmine that's not what this is. I'm hurt to know you even feel like that," Evan said.

"Well I'm annoyed with you trying to get me to leave him all alone when he needs protecting," I said.

"Protecting from what? He's safe in this home! I have the best security system money can buy to make sure he's safe! We have the baby monitor as well," Evan reasoned.

"Cameras are nothing like me seeing personally that my baby boy is safe and sound," I said.

I held Deacon a little tighter as Evan sighed and stood up.

Evan walked out of the room without another word.

I could careless about his attitude. My son needed me and I wasn't about to neglect him because Evan is not the least bit concerned about his safety.

"Momma will always be here to protect you even if daddy thinks it's overkill," I whispered to Deacon as I kept rocking him.

I stayed in the rocking chair holding my sweet baby boy for at least thirty minutes before Evan returned.

Evan came over to me and reached for Deacon. I shook my head no and he gave me a stern look.

"What?" I asked.

"Hand him to me," Evan said.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because we're about to spend the next thirty minutes together out of this nursery in our bedroom," Evan said.

"Is he coming with us in there?" I asked.

"No. He's sleeping in his crib like he needs to be," Evan said.