4. Omens

o·men
ˈōmən/
noun
an event regarded as a portent of good or evil.
"the ghost's appearance was an ill omen"
prophetic significance
~~~

Mellie

Evangeline

Evangeline

"Why are you standing so far away, Evangeline?"

"I hate the water..."

"I've seen you in plenty of pools."

"Because they're pools. What you're standing in...is the ocean, Mellie..."

Mellie rolled her eyes and turned around to face Evangeline.

"Just come on, Evangeline. It won't hurt you..."

Evangeline looked up at the brown-eyed woman a couple feet away from her. She wore just her sheer night gown, the hem and entire bottom half soaked by the waves of the ocean. Her curly brown hair whipped about her beautiful face. She extended her hand as an invitation with a warm smile on her face that made Evangeline's heart flutter.

Before she knew it, Evangeline felt the sand between her toes as she walked onto the beach. The water splashed at her feet as she she grabbed onto Mellie's hand. Her eyes sparkled with the light of the moon above them.

"See? Not so bad, is it?" Mellie smiled.

"Only for you..." Evangeline smirked.

~

Kiara sat up in bed rubbing her eyes. She squinted towards the window to see the sun just barely rising over the trees. She looked over at the clock on her nightstand.

"5am... I clearly hate myself," she groaned. She sat in her bed for a moment and tried to think.

"Why do I keep dreaming about Evangeline? Who is this other woman...Mellie?" she groaned as she plopped back down in her bed and covered her head with her pillow trying to force herself back to sleep.

It was but a few hours when Kiara officially got up, showered, and slipped on a pair of skinny jeans and a white cashmere off-the-shoulder sweater before grabbing her book bag and heading down stairs.