Chapter 1

Hey, so I know that some of the things in this story aren’t true, so please don’t have a go at me when some of the things aren’t true. Thank you, please vote, comment and share J

-KenziePreciado

**************************************************************************************

“Frankie, can you come here please?” my foster-dad shouted from downstairs,

“Yeah I’m coming Ed!” I replied and raced down the stairs,

Don’t get me wrong, I love my foster parents but sometimes they expect too much of me. I was brought up in a foster home till I was 7, then Louise and Edward adopted me. I don’t know why I was ever put in a home, but you’ve just got to accept it. When I got adopted they brought me to a loving, caring home, and I’m so happy that they adopted me. They’re like my real parents, I don’t call them ‘mom’ and ‘dad’ but they know I love them. Considering we are like a real family, this means we argue like a real family too. We normally fight about me, and how I come home with a new piercing one night, or come home high. I can’t understand why they shout at me, that’s who I want to be. I’m pretty screwed up; they don’t know half of it though. I’m 16 in four months and I’m planning to run away before then, just go on the road.

“We’ve got good and bad news” Ed told me as I reached the kitchen

“Go on then” I smiled

“Well, me and Lu got you early birthday presents to go and see Bring me the horizon, with VIP tickets. But the bad news is that me and Lu won’t be able to take you because we’re going on a cruise for a month, then we’re traveling for another 4months. We have hired you a taxi there and back from the concert, and we trust you to come home sober.” Ed told me

I ran up to them both and hugged them tightly; I can’t believe I’m going to meet BMTH! Ed and Lu have a lot of money but normally spend it on themselves, to pay for holidays.

“Thank you so, so muc- wait you’re on holiday for 5months that means you won’t be here for my birthday” I whined, I’m actually glad, that makes it easier to get away from them,

“So when do you two leave?” I asked them

“We got a late deal so we leave in about 13hours, and the concert is in two days” Louise told me, I think she was expecting me to be sad and I’m trying my best to pretend.

“Oh. You two go pack okay? I want you to have a great time, I’m going out. So see you in 5months.” I said. I go out quite a lot, so this is nothing new.

“Okay, love you darling, be safe, we trust you” Ed says and they pull me into another group hug.

I run up to my room, and grab my Drop Dead jumper and my grey worn out vans. Hopping back down the stairs I grab my black rucksack and my turtle longboard and skate down the drive way. I turn onto the path and sling the bag over my shoulder and skate down the road.

About half an hour of skating I stop and sit down on the curb. There’s a slight breeze, and the sun is setting. It’s quite warm for England at this time of year. I moved to England when I was 2, that’s the year when I got put into the foster home.

I dig through my bag and pull out my graffiti cans and my mouth mask. I have asthma so breathing in the fumes isn’t very good for me. I walk over to the other side of the road where there’s an old, brick red wall. I start to do my work, spraying blacks, silvers and reds everywhere. After about an hour I move back to admire my masterpiece. My work means something to me, not just a random piece of work that has no purpose. I don’t go to school, I dropped out 18months ago, and the only thing that might have made me stay was my art. The sun skims the bricks creating a reflection, which fits the picture perfectly. I snatch my camera and snap a picture and shove it back into my bag.

I painted a arm covered in razors, and next to it I spray painted the words ‘we live with the scars we choose’ in red. I smile at the work again and pull back my jumper sleeves, lines scattered everywhere, both white and red. Nobody knows about me cutting, I keep stuff to myself, and I have nobody to tell. I have no friends and hell if I’m going to tell Louise and Edward. I think about life for a bit longer, while putting my cans and mask away in my tattered bag.

“Hey! What are you doing that’s somebody’s property?” A male voice shouts from down the road, it’s not an English accent at all; it’s American with a hint of Mexican. I grab my bag and haul it over my back and go to grab my long board off the curb when a foot steps on the end of it. This causes the long board to whip up and hit me forcefully in my face. I stumble back and the shadow towers above me.

“Please don’t hurt me” I say as calm as possible. I’m not scared, no. I just don’t want to go and meet Bring me the horizon with bruises and marks on my face.

“What? I’m not going to hurt you, I just want an explanation”  The man says,

“Sit down, this may take a while?”

“Jaime” he replies, the light shines off of his face and I can see each of his features perfectly.

“So Jaime, what do you want to know?” I ask,

“Well, firstly why are you doing graffiti, secondly, what does it mean, and lastly, tell me a little about yourself.” He says with a smirk,

And with that I begin.

 *************************************************************************************

So I hope you liked it

My Instagram is- Kenzie_Preciado

My twitter is- @calsupinmygrill

Please, vote, comment and share J

-KenziePreciado