~ 5 ~

No one's prov

After Alex got home, he still felt overwhelmed. He could practically still hear Peggy and the voice talking to him.

The voice would always try to help him or give him advice. All the voice wanted was to protect Alexander, to be his guardian angel of some sort...minus the wings and form.

What the voice did understand is why Alex told Peggy and themselves to stop 'talking'. The voice did feel guilty, but stood by it.

Alex was in his bed, watching the roof of his apartment, in silence. He was thankful that the voice left him alone, even if it was only going to be for a bit. Alexander here thought he had the voice, whom he sometimes calls V, figured out. Boy was he wrong.

For starters, he thought the voice, V, was...well...a voice in his head. He thought the voice was a computer, or some sort of device, implanted in his brain.

He, couldn't be more wrong. His assumptions are just that, assumptions.

'Voice?' Alex thought. 'Are you there?'

... But no one came.

Alex sat up. 'Fine,' he thought. 'If the voice wouldn't talk to me, I'll call John and ask him out.'

He stood up and picked up his cellphone, which was on his bedside table, and went into his contacts.

He went to John's contact, and suddenly he stiffened. Does he like John like that? Sure, he has been thinking about him, but does he like John? 'Maybe I should wait. I should make sure that I actually do like him, and not just like the idea of us being together.' Alexander began to ponder. 'I wouldn't want to hurt him if it turns out to be the latter. What if he does actually like me like that? Then that would just hurt him...right?' Alex groaned. 'Where is V when you need them?!'

In that moment, something in Alex began to ask questions about the voice. Like for instance, what was it's name? Was it actually an 'it'? Does the voice have a gender? Why didn't it want me to go out with John?

There was another question in Alex's head. Was the voice really real?

But each time he asks himself that one, he wants to say that it us. He can feel that the voice is real. 'Maybe I'm just insane.' Alex thought.

Alex continued to blankly stair at John's contract. He wasn't going to call John, he just was to...lazy to move. To much in thought to move. 'Where is the voice? Did the voice leave me? Can it leave me? Did the voice shut off?'

Instead of confusing himself even more, he locked his phone and placed it back on the bedside table.

What Alex didn't know, is that the voice was sitting in his desk's chair in his room. Watching him. Going through their own mistakes on pressuring Alex. Alex can't see 'the voice' following him. How could he? He thinks it's all in his head at times.

Alex desperately tried to talk to the voice using his mind, but 'the voice', did not know that. V wasn't tapped into his brain at the moment. All V saw was Alex aggressively pacing around in his room at the moment.

It's no secret that V doesn't like John Laurens after he found out who John is. To say he was pissed, was an understatement.

"Where is the voice when you need them!" Alex desperately tries to vocalize what he wants. Expecting nothing to happen. The voice is only in his head...or so he thought.

V tapped into his brain, still sitting on the chair. "You needed me? I thought you where throwing a tantrum or something." The voice said allowed, even though only Alex can hear him, he spoke loudly.

Alex stood still for a moment, and then smiled a relieved smile. 'Oh, so you are here? I thought you went away. Where where you?!' Alex thought.

V shrugs, but then remembers that Alex can infact, not see them. "I was here the whole time, but I can leave if you want me to."

'Where you listening to what I was thinking about what I was thinking. No wait... You didn't reply... You only did when I actually spoke...'

'Damn.' The voice thought. 'I hope his brain isn't breaking.' "I'm technically speaking not in your brain, Alexander."

Alex's face resembled confusion at this point. 'Then where are you? And what's your name?'

The voice thought for a moment. "You call me V, don't you? Just continue calling me that."

Alex sat on his bed. 'Do you have a gender?'

The voice smirked. "Yes, I classify as a yellow unicorn. But on Fridays I'm a turtle."

Alex wasn't impressed. His face shouted 'irritation!'. But V laughed. They thought it was funny.

"Fine. I'm male. Thanks for asking."

'So... Where are you if your not in my brain? I'm not letting this one go.'

V sighed. "If you must know, I'm currently seated in your desk chair."

Only then did Alex realize that his desk chair wasn't pushed in anymore, but actually a bit away from his desk, and facing him.