Chapter 5

I think I've finally figured Michael out. He's mean for a few days and then I think something in him feels bad so he tries to make it up to me with on big favor or act. But what he doesn't know is that it's super annoying. I thought we decided to not be friends. That means no good deeds, right? What is he not getting? At the moment I'm in the few days when he's an ass, so now that I'm aware this will be fun.

As I started to run I felt good; I started to forget stressors and just focus on the music in my ear buds. Two hours went by and in not time I was running back up my street. I saw the boys all out front waiting for something. "Hey guys! What up?" I walked up to them.

"Just waiting for Michael," Ashton answered.

"Wait!" Luke gasped. "Mango you listen to All Time Low?"

I forgot I was wearing an old shirt that I cut up. "Yeah! Definitely I've seen then more time than I can count."

"Really?" Calum smiled.

"Totally!" I loved talking music with people. "Who else do you guys listen to?"

"Mayday Parade?" Ashton looked to me and I nodded.

"Blink," Calum added.

"All great choices! How about-" I was cut off by the front door slamming.

"Hi guys!" Michael came over. "And Mango." I rolled my eyes. "What are we talking about?"

"Just Mango's great taste in music," Luke explained.

"Oh yeah? All Time Low?" he pointed at my shirt. "Let me guess your favorite songs are Weightless and Dear Maria?"

"Actually, no. And if you asked me instead of judging you'd know I actually listen to their music, thank you," I snapped. "I see I'm not welcome. See ya guys later." I tuned and walked to my house.

As I opened the door to my house something strange happened, it didn’t open. I sighed knowing our fence is locked and it’s too tall for me to climb. Auggie must have locked it this morning when mom took her to her friend’s. I sat on the front steps, “This would only happen to me, literally.” I sighed.

I decided to call my mom. She answered when I rang her a second time. “What Margo? I’m a little busy,” she sounded aggravated.

“Sorry mom, but I’m locked out,” I explained.

“Oh, I’m so sorry I forgot you run in the morning, sweetie. I’m in important meetings all day. Can you go to the boys’ house next door, I’m sure they won’t mind company?

“They had to do something for their band this morning,” I huffed.

“Well I hate to tell you Margo, but you are locked out until I get home at seven. Unless you can get dad to help you, but I doubt he’d drive all the way back home. He’s not in the office today.”