Pt.2

November 3,1927

Another typical day, in where I have to attend my last year of school, and take all of the bad criticism from the snotty rich kids that attend to this school.

A middle class girl like me doesn't have anything these gals have, but all that matters now is that I will finish school soon, and I'm counting the days I get out of this hell hole.

I don't understand how my father could afford to put me here, and I'm not liking none of this. I swear something wrong is going on, and I really hope it doesn't have to do with him doing anything illegal.

Well, at least the weekend is here, and I get to enjoy it at home to rest. Lord knows I need it.

"I wonder if Niall is around" I think to myself.

As I'm walking back home from school, I see my mother carry a ton of shopping bags, as another man helps her up with them. I see my dad walk out of the fancy car and he walks over to me.

"Marjorie, I would like to announce, that "I" your father has received a promotion, and, we are moving out once more. Believe me it's not far from here, all I want is to be closer to my job." My father says with excitement, as we walk towards the building we're staying at, for now at least.

"But we just moved out a week ago! We can't be going from one place to another!" I exclaim crossing my arms, as I turn around to see my mother walk back out happily towards me.

"Isn't this great?! We are going to be living the life we've always wanted, and all thanks to your fathers hard work and effort." My mother says with glossy eyes, as I roll my eyes.

"Come on darling! Be happy for me!" He says hugging me tightly, as I feel a drip of his tear fall onto my cheek.

"Marjorie I need to speak to you by the way." My mother whispers into my ear, interrupting our father-daughter moment as she discretely pulls me away by my arm, squeezing it, walking me up the apartment without my father noticing. A loud "ouch" slurs out of my lips and she's quick to shush me.

"What's wrong with you mother?" I say whispering, trying to avoid getting my father into this conflict.

"The boy from a few nights ago, why was he here, and what did he want from you?" She asks, as I remain speechless, with my head lowered as I face the ground.

"Look here young lady, we're getting closer to the highest level of society, do you understand? We can't have you hanging around with hooligans!"

"Mother! What is wrong with you? All of sudden we have money, and you want to act this way?" I say a bit overwhelmed towards her reaction.

"This is what we wanted right? Now we have to act like proper, high society ladies. Starting with you Marjorie." She lastly says storming out of the room and slamming the apartment door out.

She shouldn't worry about the "hooligan". I haven't seen Niall since that night, and it doesn't bother me. Even though, I did look around everywhere I walked and made sure he wasn't following me.

Great, I thought I would become rich on my own but my father stepped up to the plate quicker than I would've thought. Now I will be teased at school for this, or I'll probably be praised into the society. Who knows?

Now I will have everything I wanted or at least some of the things. Starting with new clothes. All of these dresses are not in the best conditions, but I've managed to look good in them.

"Darling! We're leaving tonight. Luckily we have men to pack our things and drop them off over to our new house." My father says as I fold my clothes, packing it into my old raggedy bag.