0.5 : stubborn

School lunch times were arguably the groups favourite time of the day. It was the one chance they all got to sit together and just talk absolute nonsense, which was a nice get away from the generally dreary school day. It was also one of the only times that they would all be together and not caught up in useless extra curricular activities that they only took part in for something to write about in a University personal statement.

"Michael, I swear to God himself, if you talk about the time you barfed because you ate too much school pizza one more time, I'm actually going to rattle you." Mia scoffed, never failing to be disgusted every time the school served pizza and Michael felt the need to retell the story, time and time again.

"Don't act like you don't like the thought of my puke, Mia." Michael said smugly, throwing a wink her way which caused a look of disgust in Ashton, Calum and Emma.

"Mia, please don't say you have a throw up kink." Calum grimaced, causing Michael to bend over in laughter whilst Mia sent him daggers, looking like she could quite literally murder him.

"No. I absolutely do not have a throw up kink, you imbecile!" Mia retorted, throwing her hands up in the air to emphasise her point which only caused everyone to erupt in a fit of laughter at Mia's dispense.

"Guys, you've put me off my pizza. You all suck." Emma grumbled, pushing her lunch tray in front of her and scowling at Michael and Mia who couldn't help but give her a sympathetic smile.

"Off the topic of spew, " Ashton trailed, deciding to be the one to change the topic. "What are you all doing tonight? I think we all should go out, a new clubs opened in town and it looks great."

"I'm in." Calum grinned, the thought of actually getting out of the house to do something other than play football being the only convincing he needed.

"Me and Michael were going to stay in and watch movies but I'm up for going out." Mia agreed, looking towards Michael who also sent a nod in agreement.

"I have detention after school so by the time I'm finished with that it'll be too late." The thought of detention making Emma want to actually cry but she knew she deserved it for not bothering to do her homework that was already way over due.

"Little Emma has detention? Are you sure? What the fuck could you have done to get detention?" Michael teased, although it was what they were all thinking. They knew that Emma was never one to act out and definitely not to the extent of being issued with detention.

"Oh God. Was it Mr Hemmings?" Ashton asked as he squinted his eyebrows, a look of annoyance spreading across his face as it was the only teacher that logically made sense to him that would've given Emma detention.

"No, no, it wasn't him. I got it from Politics for forgetting to hand in my homework. You should all still go out tonight though." Emma smiled before taking a bite out of her apple but in unison, all of them denied her and explained that they'd just do it next week or some time soon.

"Emma, I've got an idea." Ashton propositioned, a light bulb going off in his head sparking what he thought to be one of his better ideas.

"I don't like it when Ash thinks, it scares me." Calum joked, causing Ashton to kick him from under the table, making Calum wince and send a dagger towards Ashton.

"What's your idea, Ash?" Emma interrupted knowing that if she didn't get them to stop bickering, it would end in the two of them starting a fist fight in the middle of the cafeteria.

"So, we have Mr Hemmings next, right? If I act out all period and just start shit with him for no reason then he's bound to give me detention, and then you won't be alone for two hours!" Ashton hummed, more than pleased with his idea to ensure that Emma wasn't going to be completely miserable.