Prologue

PROLOGUE

[10 Years Ago; Los Angles, California]

"Ah!"

"Watch out!"

"Shit!"

Crash! Bang!

The sound was deafening – the screeching out tires, screams of terror, and the pain.

"What happened? Kit Kat!? Are you okay?!" A young mother turned around to check her daughter in the backseat only to instantly tear up when she saw her daughter's situation but she kept a brave face up for her daughter who was slowly opening her breathtaking eyes to stare at her mother.

"Catalina? Oh my gosh, please stay wake. Honey, I'm right here." Janelle Ramirez cooed her fatally injured daughter; she placed a warm hand on her daughter's cooling cheek, afraid to move her. The seven-year old beautiful child of mixed blood with honey brown-blond hair looked up at her mother with stunning eyes that had a mixture of blue and green.

"Momma?" Blood trcikled down from the child's mouth as she spoke; tears were slowly streaking down her soft, bronze-skin and her favorite lavender colored sun dress was stained with bright red blood; her injury was a steel pipe entering her body from her fragile back while existing out of her stomach and into the car's floor. Janelle was almost completely unharmed except from a broken wrist, a knotted forehead, and a few bruises – her daughter wasn't so lucky. A coughing fit sent the girl's mother over the edge.

"Kit Kat, please don't talk! You're hurt, please. Just listen to me this one time." Janelle pleaded frantically. The smell of burnt tires and shouting of other drivers compared nothing to her only child's pain. Janelle's heart clenched so tightly she fear she would pass out.

"Ma'am! Are you okay?" A man questioned, running over to the car, he peered inside as gasped at the horrific sight. He was stunned when the little girl gave him a small smile.

"I can't move her, she'll…..I can't." Janelle whispered will tears pouring from her eyes while shaking her head in disbelief.

"Please get an ambulance over here!" The man shouted into the crowd, to receive frantic 911 calls and curiosity. The man pushed the onlookers back, giving the mother and daughter time alone.

"Don't be sad." Catalina whispered, giving her mother's a beautiful smile.

"No, no. Catalina? Please keep your eyes open! I know it hurts but please –" Janelle was interrupted when Catalina placed a cold hand on her mother's shoulder, her fingers gently grazing over her mother's exposed skin.

"It'll be okay. I'm tired, Momma. Please let me sleep." Those enchanted blue-green eyes closed as her small hand slipped from her mother's shoulder. Catalina took her last breathed as her mother watched in horror, frozen in fear before the sound disappeared and never returned – she broke down. The child was a picture of devastating beauty, innocently sleeping with peaceful expression on her face as her mother's screams and pleads echoed throughout the silent area as onlookers watched with tears flowing from their eyes, they felt the mother's pain as her light faded and disappeared. However, no one noticed the ambulance had a small red and white Umbrella symbol in the far corner.

[1 Week Later; Tokyo, Japan – Umbrella Base]

"Mister Rousseau? Are you positive you want to do this?" The Head of Umbrella Security and the Assistant Director of Biochemical Weaponry nodded his head, he was positive that his daughter; his flesh and blood, would become a complete success.

"Yes, make preparations for everything. Give her the best of the best: training, education, everything. Ah, and make sure Charles gives her the minimum dosage and if needed give her some of the other viruses as well but keep her in check."