The House

As I step off the train my breath catches at the beautiful scenery. There is lush green grass, huge oak trees and bunches of wild flowers. A porter hands me my luggage and I begin the long wait if my foster families arrival.

As the sun begins to set I get worried, what if they've forgotten all about me? I would be stranded here, the train is gone and so is everyone else!

Night falls and I am left to sleep on the ground. By morning my neck is stiff and my body aches, how I miss my home.

At around noon the family arrive; there is a middle-aged women with slightly greying hair, a friendly looking man with eyes that sparkle and a boy around my age with pale blue eyes and toned skin.

They apologise for being late ( a massive understatement) and stuff me, Lawrence and my luggage into a family car that is a little on the small size.

The journey to the house is long and uneventful. I can feel my eyelids drooping but refuse to fall asleep. And I must say it was worth it.

The House is enormous, The driveway is lined with roses and there are pillars at the door. Inside is even better, There is a grand staircase in the entrance hall and doors at the side lead to a dining room, kitchen, lounge, drawing room and basement.

Upstairs there are 7 bedrooms ( each with an ensuite), 2 family bathrooms, a nursery and a staircase leading to the attic.

I am shown to my room and told that dinner will be ready at around five. During the wait for dinner I explore my room. There is a 4 poster bed, a huge closet, a chest if drawers and a beautiful tapestry on one wall.