The Arrival of Ghost Kid

2 Months Later

He sighs as he struggles to keep his concentration, moving his hands in a complex motion, a spectral figure suddenly appears in front of him. He smiles softly to himself at his success, Ophelia smiling as well. The ghost vanishes as quickly as it appears "Well, you've certainly improved George, I think we're almost ready to take down Dr. Grant." George sighs with satisfaction as she says this "Do you really think so?" She nods, then rests a comforting hand on his shoulder. "Yes, George, I really do."

He sits down on the concrete of the bridge they were practicing under, sweating slightly "So, what do we do now?" George asked her "Well, now, we move onto your second power, ectoplasm" George nods "Ok, so, ectoplasm is basically the energy ghosts give off when they're very active, right?" Ophelia smiles brightly "That's right, very good George." He grins a little "So, let's get started!" She giggles "I'm loving the enthusiasm, but we should really rest for the night, ok?" He pouts slightly, then nods "Ok, you're the boss." She giggles again "And don't you forget it!"

                               The Next Morning

George yawns as he wakes up to the sun rising in the distance, Ophelia doing the same. They smiled at each other, then they both stood up to get ready for the day. "So, are you ready to work on ectoplasm?" Ophelia asks "Mhmm, I'm ready." She smiles "Good, let's get started" George nods, then closes his eyes to concentrate and calm himself. Placing his hands in front of himself, he starts to breathe slowly in and out, suddenly, a dull green energy started surrounding his hands, the energy stays there for a few seconds, before dissipating. Ophelia watches for a few minutes before smiling brightly, not wanting to break his concentration, once she saw he was done, she clapped slowly. "Very good! That was excellent George!"

He grinned, before crumpling to the ground, screaming his name, Ophelia ran over to him to make sure he was ok. After seeing he was still breathing, she lets out her own sigh of relief. "George? George, are you ok?" He sits up, groaning softly "Yeah, yeah, I'm ok." Ophelia smiles "Phew, you really scared me." George grins "Glad to see I can still do that." She grumbles, then slugs him in the arm "You wanker, you really scared me!" George then laughs "Sorry, sorry!" Ophelia sighs "Ok, well, we'll have to work on that more." He nods, then a somber look crosses his face "It's almost like when I started trying to communicate with ghosts, the same thing happened." She sighs "Your body might be rejecting the abilities." His eyes widen in surprise "Is that possible?" She nods slowly "Mhmm, but, you took to communicating with the ghosts well, so, I think there's hope" He sighs in relief "Ok, good, let's do it again."