Chapter Five: I'll Miss You

A/N: Sorry for the wait! It's worth it though.. 😉
———————————————————————
Later the same night, Ezra decided to join in on the game of cards. Cameron never saw what you did to Ezra in the kitchen a few hours back.
It was probably a good thing.

Glancing over to Ezra every few seconds with a smile stuck onto your face, you noticed he would smile back at you whenever he would catch you looking at him.
You didn't try to look away or sneak glances at him anymore.
What had happened in the kitchen made it pretty obvious that you liked him more than a friend.

What was he waiting for?

For the rest of the night you would constantly drop hints.
Wether it was leaning on him, joking with him a lot, or even straight up flirting. He never made any moves on you.

By the time Cameron had passed out on the bed when you guys were taking a break from cards, you and Ezra had been chatting up a storm.
You two moved from the bed to the couch after cleaning up the cards and throwing a few blankets over Cam.

The both of you were planning on watching a movie, but started talking to each other instead. The movie played in the background of your chatter.
You would make him tell you stories about his childhood, or just funny stories in general.
Hearing his deep voice while staring into his green eyes, each time he spoke he would show so much emotion.
It's like you were in a trance.
You had never felt so happy just to be here with the guy of your dreams.

"So, yeah that's the origins of the name RaccoonEggs."
You giggled a bit.
"Wow. You would really try to convince people that raccoons lay eggs?"
He nodded and smiled a bit.
"Amazing." You looked over to the tv.
There was a small moment of silence between you two. The only sound was the faint chatter from the television.
"Hey... (Y/N)?"
You looked over to him.
He seemed troubled all of a sudden.
"Yeah? You okay Ezzy?"
He snorted.
"Ezzy? Is that what you're going to call me now?"
You laughed and pushed his shoulder playfully.
"Oh shut up! It's a nice nickname!"
He laughed.
"Anyway, what were you going to say?"
Ezra's smile faded a bit as he glanced away.
"Huh? Oh! Uh, it was nothing. Never mind."
You frowned a bit, disappointed that you didn't get to hear what he had to say.
"Oh, you sure?" You kept his eyes on him as he cleared his throat.
"Yeah. It was stupid."
He shook his head a bit as you pursed your lips in curiosity.
"Huh. Alright then."
He took a breath and stood up.
"Anyway, I'm probably going to go to sleep now." You stood up as well.
"Yeah, that's probably a smart idea since we're leaving tomorrow." Your heart sank when you reminded yourself that tomorrow was the last day you get with Ezra in person.
You saw him frown a bit. "Hm. I forgot that you're leaving tomorrow." He looked over to you. There was a moment of silence between you two.
Without saying anything, you stepped closer to him and gave him a hug.
Burying your face into his chest, he hugged you back.
"We're going to miss you." He said quietly, looking down at you.
You smiled and moved your head so you could look at him.
"I know. I'm going to miss you too."
You felt your face start to become warm after you let your words slip.
"I-I mean.. Uh."
He chuckled, tightening his hold on you.
"It's okay. I'm going to miss you too."
Your heart was beating so fast as you started leaning up to him.
Your mind was saying no but every part of your body was screaming yes.

Leaning onto your toes so you could reach up and kiss him.