//17//

7K READS WOW THIS IS CRAZY

-

Monday morning Addie and I drove to school together and once we stepped foot into the school, hands intertwined, we did get a couple eyes on us. Even a couple of freshmen were staring dead at us and it made me extremely uncomfortable. I can only imagine how Addie felt.

"People keep staring at us." Addie said softly.

"I know, it's so awkward." I said as we leaned up against a wall in our cafeteria, a place where we waited in the morning before the first bell rang.

"Do you think its because of Luke and I? I mean, people think that I'm dating him so it might be weird to see us all lovey-dovey." She said and I shrugged.

"Do you think its about some of the rumors about us beating each other senseless? I mean if I heard some of those rumors and I wasn't in this relationship, I would wonder what the hell they were doing together again." I said and Addie gave me a shrug this time around.

"Wait." Addie said, gripping my arm roughly. It kinda hurt, I'll admit, but I didn't say anything. "Didn't we fuck in Alexander Stevenson's house? Aka the most popular guy in this city."

"Yeah, but so were two other people. I kinda remember walking in on them."

"Right, it was Alex and his girlfriend Sadie." Addie said and my jaw dropped. Addie raised her eyebrows at me and shook her head. "What do we do?" She asked.

"Lets just lay low for right now, okay? We just keep being the happy couple we are and keep and ear out for what people are saying about us. Sound good?" I asked and she nodded.

The bell rang, saying that the school day had started and that it was time for Addie and me to go our separate ways. Since I had weight-training, my class was down in the basement while hers was on the top floor on the complete opposite side. We hugged and kissed goodbye and agreed to keep our heads low about everything and then we went our separate ways.

-

•A D D I E•

I know I promised Ashton that I would keep my head down low about everything but I knew that I needed to get to the bottom of this. I wanted to know why Ashton and I were the center of attention for some random reason and I knew just who to ask: Luke. Luke was always on top of school drama and all that bullshit I didn't care about, unless of course it involved me.

I sat at my table in physics, all alone with a boy that was put in my group awkwardly. It was roughly like half way through the class and Luke was a no-show. Actually, I spoke too soon. The tall blonde came into the room and handed the teacher his tardy slip and sat down next to me, a bit of anger and disgust in his face.

"What's wrong Luke?" I asked, placing my hand on his shoulder. He shook his shoulders and I took my hand off of him, placing it back into my lap. What got him so mad? I mean, it can't be because Ashton and me, could it? We both agreed that we wouldn't catch feelings for each other but somehow, I managed to develop a tiny crush on him (it's gone now, of course) but Luke was always so weird these days.

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket and saw that it was from Calum. He was also in this class, too, but due to one member missing from our table, I knew he was out 'sick' or something.

What in the hell, Addie?

What did I do to you, Cal?

Nothing. It's just that you got back together with Ashton when you knew Luke was basically in love with you.

I felt my palms start to sweat and my heartbeat go a bit faster. There is no way in hell Luke loved me. It was just dumb to think that.

He's not in love with me Cal! Wtf?!