-3-

Zion shifted around, sweating profusely. He tossed and turned, unable to get the reoccurring nightmare he'd have. He gasped for air and–"NO!"

He screamed as he woke up. River was awake and visibly concerned next to him, tears visible as she hugged him.

"What's wrong?" His sister asked as Zion started crying more. He explained with a few hiccups and sniffles here and there.

River shushed him, "It's gonna be okay, it's just a nightmare. Be content with now, even if that's hard." She said as she lulled him in her arms. "I can't promise that it won't happen, but I will promise that I will be by your side until this is over" She breathed in a specific pattern and Zion copied, slowly calming down.

Yuri looked at them with empathy as he mouthed, "Breakfast" to River before going to the kitchen. The girl nodded, "Hey, do you want to sleep and eat later or eat first then sleep?" They asked their sniffling brother. Zion calmed down enough to speak, "Let's eat first please" He whispered, his voice hoarse yet he said it so softly and quietly.

Zion got up and went to the kitchen while River made their bed.

The said non-binary teen then went to the kitchen to see Zion sitting on his chair and everyone doing... their own stuff.

They ate alongside each other as River thought of what to do today. "Jerwin it's your turn today" River called out as they washed the plates. Jerwin groaned, "Already?" He sighed and River nodded, "You dumbass I've been doing all the searches it's your turn" They scolded playfully.

Jerwin chuckled, "Sorry, sorry." After saying so, Jerwin got his bag and prepared himself for the worst to come. A few minutes later..

"I'll go now!" He shouted.

"Stay safe!" The rest replied, "I'll try" Jerwin chuckled.

River smiled and rolled her eyes, giggling as she waved goodbye to her friend.

//J e r w i n's POV//

I walked off in silence towards the convenience store nearest to our hideout aka home.

I walked towards the little 7-11 and looked for basically anything that isn't rotten or ones that went bad.

I shuffled and grabbed convenient goods and suddenly heard a bone chilling

c    r    u    n    c    h

It was a long and slow sound that sent unpleasant shivers down my spine. I looked at the refrigerators to see a walker on the ground, munching on an arm of an unfortunate person.

It's a really good thing that all zombies can't see. The only downside to that is that they have a hightened sense of hearing.

I slowly pulled out my knife- since I was stupid enough and didn't bring my gun- and crept towards the zombie. I was so near to it by then I stepped on a fragile bone that made an incredibly loud crunch,

shit

I quickly stabbed the zombie in the head and ran out back to the hideout- home. I accidentally scraped my arm by a metal fence that broke down nearby the 'house.' I went up to the entrance and knocked the pattern on the metal door frantically.

River opened the door and saw the scar that the fence left. They gasped and pulled me in.

"What happened? Are you okay? Did one of those fuckers scratch you? Please tell me you weren't-" I cut them off with,

"I scratched myself accidentally on a metal fence because a zombie was about to attack" I countered her worried blabbering.

River sighed in relief, "good. you didn't get yourself bitten or scratched but don't do that again" I nodded. River then grinned, "I has an idea" They called out, "Yo, Peter!"

I rolled my eyes, my cheeks dusting a light pink, "What exactly are you doing?"

"Calling your boyfriend, of course"

"He isn't my boyfriend, dumbass"

"What did you call me for?" Peter appeared from the hallway. "Go heal your injured damsel-in-distress" River walked out and went to the living room to do some cleaning up around the place.

{{No One's POV}}

The boys both sat there awkwardly as Peter treated Jerwin's wound. "So how'd you get this?" Peter asked after the long and unbearable awkward silence.

"I accidentally scraped my arm to a metal fence because I accidentally stepped on a bone while approaching a zombie"

Jerwin answered truthfully, truthfully embarrassed too, as he blushed a dark shade of I fucked up red. Peter smiled, chuckling a little, "Well I hope that doesn't happen again. We're done now by the way" He said, standing up as he held out a hand to Jerwin

"Ah, thanks" Jerwin said, grabbing his hand and pulling himself up.

"..no problem" Peter smiled a bit wider, a pink blush dusting over his soft features.

River was at the doorway, leaning on the frame as they smiled, "why are y'all so oblivious?" The girl giggled and ran back to Zion to listen to music with him.