Chapter 1

A Silent Voice/Koe no Katachi Fanfiction

Summer Together

Chapter 1: 'Do you like her?'

The one month-long summer holiday was only one week away.

And that only meant one thing for Ishida Shouya: he'd be able to see all his friends from his last year of High School again and spend time with them. Well, he sees Yuzuru almost everyday and Nagatsuka every Weekend, but what got him really excited was that he'll finally be able to give Nishimiya Shouko her birthday gift.

It was already sad that he couldn't keep his promise of spending time with her on her birthday because she was in Tokyo and the 7th of June was a school day. However, they managed to do a video call with the rest of the group (he first had planned to only be the two of them but changed his mind the day prior because he thought it would be creepy) with him, Sahara and Yuzuru translating what everyone said in sign language.

Still, he promised that they'll do something better during the Summer Holiday. And this time there won't be drama... There won't be suicide attempts... Everything will be fine. They'll be with everyone el-

"So, you gonna confess to her?"

"What? To who?"

"Ueno. I'm talking about Shouko obviously, duh." Yuzuru groaned from the other side of the small table.

The younger girl came to his house almost every day after school to study with Ishida since she needs his help after falling behind when she was skipping school for many months. Well, after two months she started to get better, but still kept coming to share some news and spend some time with Maria.

"So you gonna do it or not?" Yuzuru pressed him.

"Wh-What are you talking about?" Ishida answered her, "You already did that joke last year remember? Besides, we're just friends..."

She wasn't having it, she just clicked her tongue in annoyance and pushed her stuff away from the table to make room for her elbows. The tall guy was about to ask her what she was doing, but she was faster.

"Please, we all know you have a crush on her." She groaned again.

"N-No I don't. I appreciate her, that's true. But... You know..."

"Don't you guys always text each other every morning and evening?"

Ishida got caught off-guard and almost blurted out 'how did she know that?' with his face completely flushed, but he stopped himself in time. It was Yuzuru, Shouko's little sister, of course she'd know that detail.

"Y-Yeah... But we just say 'Good morning' and 'Good Day' when we wake up and in the evening we just talk quickly before bed about our day..." he said looking at the side.

"Aww, aren't you two adorable?" Yuzuru grinned.

"I told you it's not like that!"

"You sure? You don't have a crush on my sister?"

"Yeah, she's my friend. A very good one." Ishida nodded firmly.

"Oh Thank God! That would have been veeery awkward if I told ya before!" The little girl laughed as she grabbed her camera and a pen.

Ishida blinked twice in confusion, he didn't like the sound of that...

"I-If you told m-me what before?"

"Oh yeah, I didn't want to ruin your summer if you had a crush on her. But since you don't... I can tell you now: she texted me an hour ago. Someone asked her out and she said yes. She have a boyfriend now." Yuzuru explained while messing with her camera.