iii. heal

seokjin stares at his father. his father stares at him back. "since when do you ever want to work?" his father asks him. "since jeongguk left." seokjin replies. "i knew he'd leave eventually. i always told you he wasn't the one." at this, seokjin feels a pang to his chest. he knows it. he knows his father's wrong. he was the one, is the one, will always be the one. the only one seokjin wants.

despite having come from a crazy rich family, seokjin's never been one to indulge himself into luxurious life. he's spent 4 years living with jeongguk in a cute little apartment at the edge of town. he's never had an attachment to wealth or money. and everyone knows that. but somehow, suddenly, now he wants to get back in the office. he doesn't have to, he just wants to. he knows that the only reason he's doing this is to have some kind of distraction from jeongguk. these days, the only thing that fills up his mind is jeongguk, jeongguk and jeongguk. on other days, it would've been a good thing to think about his boyfriend all day long. but now, he's gone. and because of that, he plans to overwork himself hard enough until he forgets that he's broken without him.

his father doesn't trust him. never have, never will. his father doesn't think he can handle being at work, or doing actual work. whatever. seokjin doesn't need his father checking up on him, giving snarky comments and underestimating him everyday anyway. just thinking about it makes seokjin sick to his stomach. so, he calls his other best friend. aka yoongi. aka jeongguk's brother. because his actual best friend is in jail right now. he's been keeping jeongguk's arrest from everybody. nobody else knows, except for himself. well, the circle's about to expand soon. he's going to tell yoongi.

"he's gone."
"what the fuck do you mean he's gone? what did you do to my brother?"
"i didn't do anything. he did this to himself."
"huh. i always knew he was overly emotional but i never thought he'd go as far as to commit suicide."
"s-suicide? what? god no!" seokjin practically yelled. "he turned himself in to the police. i couldn't do anything, i really couldn't. i'm so sorry. i'll do whatever it takes to get him back." seokjin apologises. "there's nothing to be sorry for, he has a tendency to do that anyway. don't worry, he'll find his way soon. trust me." "you mean he's done this before?" "yeah. countless of times. we used to be robbers, you know?" "yeah. he used to tell me all about your heists. YOU never told me. top 10 anime betrayals." seokjin mumbles under his breath. "can't blame me, your brother's head of the police department or something. you're unpredictable, might be a snitch. besides, we quit being robbers ages ago. anyway, he told you all those things? that's new. he never told his previous lovers about his job. he really wants to keep you forever, huh?" "what do you mean?" seokjin's heart is beating out of his chest. "oh. you didn't know? he bought two matching rings a few days ago. pretty expensive. it was for you, i guess. i assume he didn't have a chance to give it to you yet?" oh. so that's why there were two ring boxes in jeongguk's drawer. seokjin's heart hurts. it hurts so much. "i guess not."

a/n:
hey! so i'm back with another angsty chapter yet again. not that anybody'd notice but i abandoned this fic for quite a while lmaooooo. i hope u cried as much as i did writing this