Chapter Four

Shadow slowly pulled away from Sonic. Sonic's eyes had shot open at Shadow's sudden kiss. Shadow smirked a little, causing Sonic's heart to flutter insanely. Sonic just stared at Shadow, his mouth slightly open. Shadow leaned in and kissed Sonic again. Sonic closed his eyes and let himself melt into Shadow's kiss. Sonic could feel it as Shadow's tongue slipped into his mouth. Shadow tasted like chocolate, but also, something darker, something like. . .blood. Sonic pulled away, disturbed by the bloody chocolate taste. Shadow opened his blood red eyes.

"What's wrong, Sonic?" he asked in a voice much darker and sinister than he had ever used before. Sonic scooted away from Shadow, his face covered in a red blush. He liked Shadow's kisses, but how could Shadow love a slave like him? Shadow leaned closer to Sonic, his hands suddenly squeezing the hedgehog's pecs. Sonic's face became disturbed and Shadow noticed. He stopped himself saying, "Of course. How could a slave like you ever understand how a man like me could fall for such a lovely being? Maybe I was being rash. Maybe. . .you don't love me back. . ." Now fearing that this was his only chance at love, Sonic flung himself forward and kissed Shadow, forcing his tongue into Shadow's mouth and kissing him like there was no tomorrow. Shadow was startled at first, but this was what he wanted. As he kissed back, the hardness of Sonic's kiss melted into a more soft, purposeful, passionate kiss. Sonic felt like he had been kissing Shadow forever when a sudden scream rang through the house. Shadow jerked away.

"Ada!" Shadow ran out of the room, leaving Sonic alone. He waited many hours for Shadow to come back, but he didn't. A little depressed, Sonic laid down alone and fell asleep.

The next morning, Sonic woke up to find Shadow sitting beside him

The next morning, Sonic woke up to find Shadow sitting beside him. He bolted up and kissed Shadow. There was no longer the bloody taste that lingered over Shadow from the night before, causing Sonic to enjoy the kissing more. Shadow pulled away.

"Come, let's go home."

The moment they walked through the door of the house, Richard scorned them for taking so long to return. Sonic was beginning to get annoyed with Sir Richard's attitude. Before Sonic could punch him in the face, Shadow took Sonic to his bedroom and put him on the bed. Sonic looked up at Shadow.

Okay. . .this is escalating quickly. . .

"Sonic, tell me you love me. As you know, I love you." Sonic kissed Shadow more passionately than ever. "I knew you loved me." The two hedgehogs kissed for what felt like forever. Suddenly, a knock came at the door. Shadow tidied himself up before opening the door to find Ada and Ash.

"Have you recovered from your nightmare Ada?" he asked her.

"Yes. I'm no longer afraid of an insect that is a cross between a Japanese Beetle and the infamous Cow Killer Wasp." Sonic shuddered at that thought. "But that's not the reason I've come. Ash and I are dating. Also, I know you have feelings for Sonic." Sonic blushed as Shadow replied, "Yes. He knows that. We've kissed." Ada smiled.