Chapter Eight

Sonic woke up the next morning with the pain still slightly surging through his body. He looked over to see Shadow still sleeping. He smiled and prodded Shadow's ear until the twitching caused him to wake up. Shadow grabbed Sonic in a passionate kiss.

"Did you like our little game last night?" Shadow smoothly asked. Sonic nodded, crawling onto Shadow's lap for more. Shadow chuckled and his hand slipped between Sonic's thighs. Sonic sharply hissed, but he was wearing a large grin. Suddenly, Sonic's ear twitched. He jumped off the bed and started to pull his undergarments on as the doorknob turned and the door opened. Quarmzi walked in with Ash and Ada.

"Are we ready?" she asked. Shadow replied, "Let me get dressed first." As soon as Shadow was dressed, the group began to make their way toward Elfin Summit. Sonic held Shadow's arm, terrified of what they would face and if the dream he had about the demon showing him the future was true. Shadow held Sonic close.

"Don't worry Sonic. Nothing bad will happen to me."

Then, they reached the top. Sonic and Ash's eyes shot open and their jaws dropped when they saw who was waiting for them. It was a blonde hedgehog with ice blue eyes. He was wearing a black jacket, a white shirt, and black pants with boots to match. It was Hyde! Sonic and Ash drew back.

"You're the heart of the evil behind Sir Shadow's family name?!" Ash demanded to know. Hyde smirked and replied, "Yes." He then turned to Sonic. "Hello, Lover Boy." Sonic felt a nervous shiver force its way down his spine.

"I don't understand," Shadow said, "The prophecy said that Hecate was suppose to meet us here." Hyde laughed and a black mist formed around him. When the mist cleared, Hyde had been transformed. His blond quills were tipped ice blue, his eyes shone like spotlights, he had no nose, just a ragged hole where his nose once was, and his arms and legs were stripped of flesh. Sonic and Shadow both recoiled. Sonic couldn't believe Hyde was the demon from his dreams and the memories of how Shadow became a vampire replayed in his head as Hyde said in a low harmonized voice, "I am Hecate." And so the battle began.

Sonic bit Hecate's ear as Shadow grabbed his throat. Shadow began drinking the ichor that leaked out of him. Sonic scratched his face, ripping out one of his eyes. Hecate yelped and threw Shadow off himself. That's when Ash took over. Ash and Sonic repeatedly punched Hecate in the face making ichor seep out of the eyes, the nose, and the mouth. Hecate then took the pleasure of rendering Ash unconscious only for Shadow to come at him again. He then took the pleasure of rendering Shadow unconscious. Amy came at him. It only took one swipe of his massive crimson claws to render her unconscious. Now, the battle was between him and Sonic. Sonic leapt at Hecate. Hecate sprouted wings and flew high above Castle Dracula. He then dove into the earth, making a large crater. Sonic was almost done for, but even with blood staining his body, he refused to give up. He kicked Hecate, he punched Hecate, he spindashed Hecate, but nothing seemed to be doing much damage. He then saw a shiny material a few yards behind the demon. He spindashed once again and grabbed the shiny material. It was a sword! As Hecate came at Sonic, Sonic plunged the sword into Hecate's chest. The demon let loose a chilling gasp and then transformed to ichor, which seeped into the earth. Sonic fell to his knees, clutching his own chest. Just as Sonic killed Hyde, Hyde had killed him by plunging his claws into his enemy's chest. Instantly, a golden light shown throughout the area and Sonic found himself in Shadow's arms, no longer in a crater, and completely healed of his injuries. Ada was no longer in her wheelchair! She was standing and her eyes had turned from a soft glaze of gray to a beautiful deep crimson. She ran over and kissed Ash, crying, "The curse is broken! The prophecy has been fulfilled!" Sonic and Shadow smiled at each other.

"Oh Sonic," Shadow sighed and hugged him tight, "I thought you were dead! I wouldn't be able to live without you! I love you so much." Sonic smiled and clearly spoke, "I love you more." Everyone's eyes shot open. Sonic could speak again! Shadow kissed Sonic as Ada kissed Ash again.

"So, Sonic," Shadow said, "How about we do a little something as a victory lap?" Sonic smirked.

"Shadow, I'd be honored to have sex with you again."

And with that one sentence, Shadow pinned Sonic to the soft earth of Elfin Summit, in the looming shadow of Castle Dracula.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

THE END

--------------------------------------------

I apologize again for the short chapter but I don't write very good action scenes, also the last chapters of my stories tend to be short. So thank you for reading and I hope to see you in another book soon!