Chapter Three

Sonic laid on his stomach on Shadow's bed and allowed Shadow to wrap his wounds in bandages.

"Hold still, Sonic," Shadow said. "I promise you that you'll never be hurt again." Sonic drew a sharp breath as Shadow finished. He smiled at Shadow, letting him know that he appreciated the kindness. Shadow suddenly hugged Sonic. Sonic awkwardly wrapped his arms around Shadow, surprised by his hug. Ash appeared in the door.

"Hey, guys," he said. "Ada wanted to know if you would like to come to the village with us?"

"Sure," Shadow said. He got off the bed and took Sonic's hand. The four hedgehog's left the house for the village.

Shadow looked at Sonic's tail. He loved how it swayed side to side. He knew that he had feelings for Sonic. He just knew it. At that moment, Shadow suddenly found Sonic at his feet.

"Oh my goodness!" a young pink hedgehog exclaimed. "I'm sorry." Sonic shook his head and looked up, only for his eyes to shoot open at the sight of her. He recognized her! It was Amy Rose! His long lost childhood friend. Amy recognized Sonic too. Sonic jumped up and the two hugged each other.

 Sonic jumped up and the two hugged each other

"Sonic!" Amy cried, "It has been too long of a time! Tell me of what has happened!" Sonic nervously shifted and reluctantly pointed to his vocal cords. Amy understood what he was saying and cried, "Oh you poor thing! Did you get away from Hyde?" He nodded. "Was Ash as fortunate?" Again, Sonic nodded. She breathed a sigh of relief. Speaking to Shadow now she said, "I suppose you're the new master?" Shadow replied with a nod. "Well," she said, "I must take my leave for the day. My father is expecting me to bring home supper. You may come and dine with us if you wish."

"I'll have to check with my parents," Shadow replied. "If they grant us leave, then we will be there within the hour."

"Good," Amy said and smiled at Sonic, "I hope to see you there. Goodbye Sonic." In a sign of respect, Sonic took Amy's small and delicate hand in his, and gently kissed it. Amy's smile only grew. She then curtsied to Sonic and walked away. Shadow saw Sonic slightly fawning over the beautiful hedgehog. Shadow grabbed Sonic's arm.

"Okay Romeo," he said a little jealous, "Let's see if Mom and Dad will let our troupe go to Amy's house for supper."

Sonic, Shadow, Ash, and Ada had arrived at Amy's house and were eagerly awaiting supper. As they sat, Amy slightly slid her hand down Sonic's torso toward his penis. In a slight panic, Sonic grabbed her wrist and raised her hand to kiss it as if he didn't know what she was doing. Amy giggled as he kissed her hand, thrilled that he had such affection for her. She scooted close to him and hugged him. She didn't need inappropriate desires to win his heart. Shadow became very jealous of Amy. He hated how Sonic unwittingly accepted Amy's affection. Sonic looked at Shadow and shrugged with a look of complete embarrassment on his face. The maids came in with dinner. Everyone stopped their playful games and began to eat in silence. In the middle of this silent dinner, Amy's father, Mr. Rose, spoke.

"Sonic, it has been a very long time since we last saw you." Sonic nodded. "I hope you will ask for my daughter's hand in marriage." Sonic began choking on his food. Shadow slapped him on the back until he could breathe again.

Ask for her hand in marriage?! Sonic thought, No way! At least I don't think so. . .my heart is already kinda claimed. . .

"Father!" Amy cried, "It's too early for that! We're only friends!" Sonic nodded.

"Forgive me," Mr. Rose said. He leaned across the table and took hold of Sonic's hands. "Please pardon me." Sonic urgently nodded to get Mr. Rose to let go of his hands. Sonic rubbed his wrists.

"Now," Amy said, standing, "Let us tell one another stories in the warmth of the fire."

"And so," Amy continued, "La Llorona still looks for her lost children and her ghost wanders the banks of the river so close to our village today." Right on cue, her dog gave and eerie howl, causing Sonic to tightly grip Shadow's arm.

"God dammit, Amy! Why the hell would you tell a shity story such as that?" Shadow replied to her tale, "Why, I'm sure that Sonic has stories that would scare us to Hell!" Sonic looked at Ash, who nodded.

"Sonic does have a story in mind. The story of The Ghost of Hyde's Mansion." Ash cleared his throat before he began. "Sonic was asleep one night when he heard the door to his room creak open. He went to the door only to find that there was an arm hanging from the doorknob. Then, he heard the sounds of poltergeist. He ventured the house, not finding the poltergeist. Only then, did a figure pass through the wall, cursing Sonic for stealing his arm. Sonic rushed back to bed, and feeling a pressure above him all night, knew that the ghost remained. Then, at morning, the ghost vanished, leaving his arm behind. He has stolen some of Sonic's fur, which to this day is still growing back. When the ghost is near, you can smell the burning fur, and be aware that death is drawing near."

Amy slightly shrieked. Then, the house filled with the smell of burning fur. Sonic buried his face in Shadow's overcoat, knowing that death was close. Then, when Mr. Rose jumped up with his butt comically flaming, did Sonic release Shadow and release silent laughter.

"Let us all go to bed," Amy said. As they rose, Sonic looked toward the window only to see someone he had never thought he'd see again.

Hyde!

Sonic woke to find himself cradled in Shadow's arms.

"Are you alright?" Shadow asked him. Sonic more than slightly cocked his head. Shadow explained to him, "You suddenly fainted. Are you okay?" Sonic replied with a nod. Sonic could feel as his muscles relaxed and he sighed with relief. He could still remember Hyde, but he couldn't tell Shadow what he had saw. Shadow held Sonic close.

"I hope that you aren't too frightened. I have something I'd like to tell you."

Sonic looked at Shadow eagerly. Maybe it was what Sonic was feeling all night.

"Sonic, I love you."

Without waiting for his response, he tenderly kissed the bewildered blue hedgehog.