Chapter 12

AUTHORS POV:

OMG I UPDATED!!!!!! Lol no but Dylan O'Brien in the VMAs tho>>>

So I just wanted to let y'all know that I'm completely aware of how long it took for me to update... I went to the beach for a week and then right after that school started August freaking 4th... Yes, my life sucks. Anyways, school has been so hectic these first few weeks, but I think I'll start having more time to write soon...

TEEN WOLF AND THE VMAS WERE ON TONIGHT AND DYLAN WAS IN BOTH OF THEM FIEJFISNWISHFFIEN

ok sorry... continue

ARIAS POV:

Dylan and I were sitting on the wooden swing in my backyard a few days later. I was lounging with my feet in his lap while he fumbled with my shoelaces. We were playing a game where every time I said 'like' or he said 'um' we would have to do whatever the other person tells them to do.

For example, I was talking about an assignment in my journalism class that I turned in early and the teacher lost it, "I asked her why she hadn't graded it yet, and she was like-"

Dylan shushed me by placing his index finger to my lips, "You said 'like'."

I rolled my eyes, knowing what was coming next.

"Go jump in the pool."

"But it's freezing!"

He shrugged, "Ok, I guess we know who won the game."

I let out a puff of air, and stood up slowly, "You suck."

He replied with a wink and a smirk.

Gripping my hands, I started for the edge of the water. It was freezing cold inside and outside of the water, so this experience had no way of ending up well. The only satisfaction I would get was the feeling of not letting Dylan win in his stupid game.

I let out one final scream as I leaped into the air and landed in the icy water. I was instantly hit by a wave of freezing temperatures.

When I broke the surface and came bobbing back up, Dylan had fallen out of the swing from laughing too much. Wow. He's such a great boyfriend.

"Hey, piece of shit, help me out," I shivered.

He wiped away his happy tears and leaned down to grab my hand and pull me out of the water. Just before we made contact, he stopped and said, "Wait, I'm not falling for that trick. You can get yourself out, dick face. I'll get a towel."

I grumbled and dragged myself out of the pool. The clothes I was wearing became 10 pounds heavier. Damn Dylan. He knew exactly how I thought.

I attempted to wring out my sweater as he walked back towards me with a huge beach towel.

"Thanks for nothing, boob," I mumbled into the soft fabric.

He made a pouty face, "Aw c'mon, babe, I hate making you angry."

Before he could say another word, I ran right at him and gave him the biggest hug I'd ever given anyone, "I think I need a hug!"

He pulled back suddenly as a look of shock crossed his face. It was soon replaced by a smile, "Thanks a lot, babe. Now we're both soaking."

After that, he pulled me into a hug that I didn't return. I just let him wrap his arms around me as I held onto the towel tightly. My face was squished into his chest.

"You know I don't like it when you call be babe," I mumbled into his sweatshirt. My words were barely audible.

"But it's so addicting, babe."