Chapter 8: Walks Like a Lady

"You are a vampire."

"Ja, Herr Joestar. And if you take another step, I will gut the fraulein where she stands." His threat included a knife being pressed against her side, cutting a hole into her clothing. She let out a muffled shout, the creature's dark-gloved hand was covering her lips, but even then, she didn't seem to be struggling too much.

For a moment Joseph thought about pulling the same trick he had with Straizo, but he felt like it was more inappropriate considering he did know Sharena, at least more than the reporter woman. "You alright, Sherrie?" he asked. The aforementioned just rolled her eyes and grunted. "Do you want me to save you?" This time she just shrugged. Was that supposed to mean yes or no? He really couldn't tell and he would prefer not to be nagged again if he made the wrong decision, "Is that a yes or-?" she simply shrugged again. All he could think was how women were so confusing.

Sharena on the other hand was rather calm and collected. Despite not having appreciated being somewhat stabbed and having her brand new clothes ripped, not that they were in good condition anyways, she was holding it together well. Why? Well, she supposed it was because she had dealt with a vampire before, and this particular one gave off the feeling that he knew nothing of what his lack of humanity gifted him. This along with the fact that Joseph was there to back her up, kind of dulled the excitement that could have come with a first encounter with the supernatural.

"Here maybe if you hear her helpless cries you will take this a bit more seriously, Herr Joestar." the Nazi spat, clearly annoyed with the leisurely way the brunette was reacting to, or rather blatantly ignoring, his threats. To his surprise, when he moved his hand away, his captive didn't scream or even speak, she just took in an almost obnoxiously large breathe in. "What are you doing?" he inquired, scarlet eyes narrowing.

"For once, I'll let my fists do the talking," Sharena grinned. If it wasn't for the vampire's inhuman reaction time, he would not have seen her movements. Luckily because she had to escape his grasp first he was able to slightly dodge, but the jab of her fist still caught the side of his face. The blonde jumped back, now free of her restraints. She put her hands up in a defensive position, the limbs glowing with a yellowish green aura that lit up the night.

The Nazi stumbled back, a hand coming up to his cheek, "You pack quite the punch fraulein, but this won't even bruise." he chuckled, eyes wild.

"Huh, I am definitely out of practice." she muttered, observing her still glowing fists. Her eyes moved back up to her opponent and the grin returned to her face at the sight, "Nevermind, just a delay I guess."

"Delay-?" the vampire's look of confusion morphed into one of agony as his cheek began to burn. "What-" a scream ripped through his throat as his face began to crumble away, "What have you done you schlampe!"

Despite not being quite sure of what the word meant, she had a feeling it was meant as an insult. Deciding that he wasn't deteriorating quick enough for her liking, she stepped forward to the now kneeling supernatural and punched him directly in the gut. He screeched out another string of German curses as he was sent back several feet, the light-filled power consuming nearly seventy-five percent of his body.

Joseph just stood there dumbstruck. He had put two and two together and assumed she knew how to use hamon, but had never expected her to be able to handle it well enough to fight, even if it really was just a couple hits with it. There was still so much about her he knew nothing about, and while most would probably be suspicious of where she had really come from and whether she was a threat, he could only find his curiosity about her multiply by a dozen.

His eyes flicked back over to the vampire and more importantly towards Sharena, who was still in a boxer's stance. The vampire got up on what was left of his legs, he must have been malnourished because his healing was nowhere near that of Straizo's, this man was bursting at the seams. Hamon was still attacking his body, the life-giving energy performing a deadly dance against the supernatural's healing ability. Sharena stood at the ready, preparing to attack again if the Nazi came too close. Her expression steeled, she seemed a completely different person compared to the quivering leaf she had been during his original face off with Straizo. Now she looked almost... cool. As if she could even be a main character who kept their ability hidden and now revealed their untapped potential, but wait, wasn't he supposed to be the main character?