Movie Night

"Oh Charlie", I yelled through my best friend's house. I had bought us some mint chocolate chip ice cream because I was planning on us having a movie night. I didn't hear anything so I went to his room.

I saw him chatting with his girlfriend, Leslie. "Yeah babe nothing much just sitting around listening to music." "So you haven't spoken to y/n?" He shook his head since they were on FaceTime. "Why do you ask?" "Oh because she seems like she has a crush on you and I don't want her stealing you from me." He looked confused. "Well I don't like her like that she is just a friend and will be nothing more." 

That broke my heart. I did have a crush on him since we met. I know he never liked me but in my head I would like to imagine he did. Hearing him say it aloud is heartbreaking. "She's a bitch", Leslie said and I rolled my eyes at her. We don't get along so I expect that. "She could be sometimes I guess", they laughed and now I couldn't listen to anymore.

"It's nice to know what you think about me", I said dropping the things I bought. He looked at me and sadness filled his eyes.  "Y/n it's not true." I turned around and tried to walk out. Tried because Charlie got up and grabbed my wrist.

"Please y/n listen to me." "Just let her leave Charlie she's not worth it." I heard her form the computer. "Shut up Les and let me talk to her." "It's me or her Char pick one", she said sternly.

I looked at him in the eyes. I read his eyes. They had anger and sadness. Charlie let go of my wrist and went to the computer. I watched him walk over and look at her. "I'm glad you chose the right-", Leslie got cut off since he ended the call.

"Charlie why did you do that?" He walked over to me. "Sometimes some people are more important than others", he said. "Is it true that you like me?", he asked. I nodded blushing.

Charlie grabbed my waist and kissed me. I kissed back wrapping my hands around his neck. "I like you too. I was just saying that for Leslie", he explained. I shook my head and kissed him again. "I do that too", I chuckled. We laughed it off and I got the junk food off the floor.

"So movie night?", I asked. He nodded and we jumped on his bed. He set up Netflix and I ran downstairs and grabbed some spoons. I sat on the bed seeing he opened the tub of ice cream. Half way though, Charlie began to talk.

"I'm so glad I picked you", he said as he kissed my forehead. I smiled and enjoyed the rest of our movie night.