t w e n t y - t h r e e

we walked up the stairs, hand in hand. everyone got quiet when they saw us.

"you did this zach." jonah said walking towards him. "you got my little sister pregnant. you did this." he said in a louder tone.

"jonah stop." i heard jack say. i moved zach behind me and looked into my brother's eyes. "jordan move." he said.

"jonah stop. " i heard someone say downstairs. it was tate. his head snapped directly towards her, his eyes softening. she ran up the stairs and hugged him. then, she grabbed his arm and took him to a room.

corbyn and daniel just looked at me.

"can i teach your kid how to play league?" corbyn asked wincing. i couldn't help but laugh. "of course." i said still laughing.

"if it's a boy we're calling him corbyn james robert herron." he continued. "that name actually flows." i said giggling. i heard a door open and saw jonah and tate heading this way.

before i could say anything, jonah engulfed me in a hug. "i'm sorry jordan. i just don't really know what to do. but now i do. i'm gonna be here for you. always. i promise." he said.

tears welled in my eyes after he finished. "i'm sorry jonah. i'm a failure." i said no crying. "no you're not. we're gonna figure this out. okay?" he asked me. i just nodded, loving the comfort of my brother that i needed.

"when are you gonna tell you know. everyone." jonah asked me. i squeezed zach's hand and looked at me.

"right now." i said.

they looked at me with wide eyes. "jordan are you sure? i don't think that's a good idea. i mean we still have to figure out what to do since zach's 17!" jonah said.

"people are gonna know sooner or later." i said getting up. i walked outside to get some fresh air. god how did this happen? what wasn't i more responsible? i heard footsteps behind me when i stopped walking.

"jordan what are you really gonna do?" jack asked behind me. "i don't know." i said looking down. "this was never meant to happen. i didn't mean to mess up your guys' plans. i know that zach having a freaking child is messing up everything, and i'm sorry." i said tears welling up.

i knew what i was gonna do. i ran back inside and got everyone's attention.

"i'm leaving." i said.

"what? no you're not! we talked about this already jordan." zach said.

"zach stop. this baby, that is currently in my stomach, is yours. and he or she is causing problems. i don't want this to affect anything, so i'm leaving, and that's final. i'm going to move back with mom and dad, and go on from there." i said.

"no. you can't." jonah said his voice cracking.

"jonah, listen, please. this is for the better. please. let me do this." i said hugging him. i really didn't want to leave my family. but i had to.