06. Kiss me

"Most of the intelligence community doesn't believe he exists, the ones that do call her the Winter Soldier, he's credited with over 2 dozen assassins in the last 50 years," I step toward her listening to her retell this like it was a ghost story

"So he's a ghost story?" Steve asks

"5 years ago I was escorting a nuclear engineer out of Iran, somebody shot out my tires near Odessa. We lost control, went straight over a cliff. I pulled us out but the Winter Soldier was there. I was covering my engineer so he shot him through me," She pulls up her shirt. One her stomach was a thick scar "Soviet slug, no rifling. Bye-bye bikinis," She says

"Yeah, I bet you look terrible in them now," I smirk at the joke and Natasha smirks slightly too.

"Going after him is a dead end. I know, I've tried," She holds up the flash drive that I take quickly out of her hands, "Like you said, he's a ghost story," She says

"Then let's find out what the ghost wants," I say pocketing the flash drive.

   The fountain in the mall made a loud splashing noise that caused me to wince

The fountain in the mall made a loud splashing noise that caused me to wince. I rubbed my temple slightly when Natasha started talking "First rule of going on the run is, don't run, walk," She says

"If I run in these shoes, they're gonna fall off," Steve says causing me to snort

"Ditto," I mumbled as we turned into the Mac store. We find a computer that Natasha starts typing on quickly.

"This drive has a level six homing program, so as soon as we boot up SHIELD will know exactly where we are," She says I stood close to her looking over he shoulder Steve behind me looking over mine.

"How long do we have?" I ask at the same time Steve speaks

"How much time do we have?" Steve asked

"Uh nine minutes from now," She says after plugging the flash drive into the computer. After some time she speaks again "Fury was right about that ship, somebodies trying to hide something. The drive is protected by some sort of AI, it keeps rewriting itself to counter my commands," Natasha continues.

"Can you override it?" Steve asks her

"The person who developed this is slightly smarter than me." She says "Slightly," I try to listen over the sounds of the mall. I catch one noise in particular of closing car doors.

"Rumlow and his team are here," I say causing Steve to look at me "I can hear them," I say he nods disbelievingly turning back to Natasha who was still typing quickly.

"I'm gonna try running a tracer. This is a program that SHIELD developed to track hostile malware so if we can't the file, maybe we can find out where it came from," Natasha says typing in something. Then an apple employee walks toward us.

"Can I help you guys?" He asks

"No no, my friend here is helping us with honeymoon destinations," I say smiling up at him looking at Steve who got what I was getting at and looking slightly at Natasha who continued to type

"Right! We're getting married," He says placing his hand on my shoulder.

"Congratulations, where do you guys think your heading?" He asks

"New Jersey," Steve says looking at the computer. I nod along

"Oh," He pauses looking intently at Steve "I have those same glasses,"

"Wow, you two are practically twins," Natasha says sarcastically causing me to bite my bottom lip to stop a laugh from escaping my lips.

"Yeah, I wish. Specimen. Uh if you guys need anything. I've been Aaron," I smile nodding as Steve says thank you.

"You said nine minutes, come on," Steve says hovering over her shoulder. I tune my ears again listening for the sounds of Rumlow and his team when I caught them again. They were closer, I could hear the slight murmuring of orders coming for Rumlow. I looked at Natasha.

"We need to go," I said she looked at me before looking back at the computer and typing quickly.

"Shh, relax, you two. Got it," we look at the computer which said a place in New Jersey. "You know it?"

"I used to... let's go," he said after pausing slightly I nod. He pulls the flash drive out and we made our way out of the store. I kept my head down hearing the footsteps of Rumlow.

"Standard tac-team," I say "Two behind, to across, two coming straight at us," I say as I glanced up and down from the floor.

"If they make us, I'll engage, you hit the south escalator to the metro," I stare at him when Natasha speaks up.

"Shut up and put your arm around her, laugh at something she said," She says looking at the both of us. We look up staring at her.

"What?" We say in sync.

"Do it," Steve did so laughing out. I smiled amusedly at his attempt to sound normal. When we pass them Steve looks back but we keep moving. We get onto the escalator when I see Rumlow. My eyes widen when I turn to look at Steve.

"Kiss me," I blurt he looks shocked

"What?"

"Public displays of affection make people very uncomfortable," Natasha says catching on

"Yes, they do," I roll my eyes putting my hands on his cheeks pulling him down to kiss me. I pull away when I know for sure that Rumlow in our view anymore.

"Still uncomfortable?" Natasha asks teasingly Steve looks at me before answering the redhead.

"Not exactly the word I would use," He says causing me to smirk as we walked down the escalator steps.