Chapter 1.

Good morning Michigan! You're waking up to this misty monday, I'm Michael Moore with the morning news!

I hit the alarm snooze button to relieve myself of having to hear more of his obnoxious announcements.  I can't believe it's time to go back to school already. I grab my phone to check the time and see I have a 3 unread messages.

"Good morning Grayson bear", my mom says in her high pitched voice.

"Morning".

"Is that anyway to greet your mother on your first day of your junior year?" she says, still cheery as ever. What the hell is she so happy about?

"Sorry , it's still early and I'm really tired" I answer in a monotone voice.

"Well Grayson if I were you I'd hurry up and get happy, you're one year closer to graduation! "

"Mom it's only junior year, not really important. None of this is really important." I tell her.

"Well it's important to me, so go shower and come down to breakfast.  I made waffles just for you." She says, and closes the door on the way out.

I hate waffles.  Though I'd never tell her that because she puts so much effort into making them. Telling her otherwise would break her heart. I finally get out of bed and head into my bathroom to take a shower. I look into the mirror and wait as the water warms up, I never noticed how pale I was, and my jet black hair wasn't helping at all. I hop into the shower and the hot water does wonders in waking me up. After I'm done, I brush my teeth and put on my clothes. I don't put much effort into looking good, I have no one to impress. So the t-shirt, jeans, and black vans will do. I grab my bag and proceed to head downstairs. 

"Morning Gray" my father says while he  drinks his black coffee.

"Morning dad" I greet back. 

"Good morning big brother!" my little sister Claire practically screams.

"Morning little one" I say as I poke the back of her head, she hated when I did that. Which is why I always do it.

"Hey quit it, I hate that!" She yells. She glares at me with her raven colored pigtails and emerald green eyes that run in our family like wildlife. 

"Whoops, my finger slipped" I lie as a smirk rises upon my face.

"Grayson leave your sister alone, she's only 10. She won't be young for long,  enjoy it while you have it" my mother scolds me.

"Whatever you say" I say as I sit down to painfully eat the waffles my mom made just for me. Drinking the orange juice doesn't make it any less painful and the look on my father's face as I eat makes me want to tell my mom the truth. 

"Say Gray, you don't look so good chap. You feeling alright?" He says as he fails to hide the laughter behind his words.

"Actually dad, I feel like I could conquer the world" I lie, but I couldn't bring myself to tell my mom. She'd hate to find out I lied to her for 17 years.

"Grayson do you need a ride to school, I could drop you off on my way to Claire's school?" my mom ask. 

"Actually it's not too late to catch the bus. I have to go now, thanks for the waffles" I say as I get up to head for the bus stop.

When I arrive at the bus stop I pull out my phone to check the time and read my text messages,  two from Darcy and one from Phil.

Darcy message 1: Dude can you believe we're juniors?!

Darcy message 2: Meet me by our old freshman lockers!

Phil message 1: Can I borrow your headphones? My mom drove over mine last night.

I don't bother responding since I'll be seeing both of them once I arrive at school. The bus finally arrives, and I get on to see a ton of unknown underclassmen. Great, this will be such a awesome bus ride. After what seemed like and hour, the bus pulls in front of the school. 

"Treasure Hold High School"

As I get off the bus I am greeted by a 5'6 freckle faced redhead and a 6'0 dirty blonde, Darcy and Phil. I thought we were suppose to meet by the lockers.

"Oh my gosh, look at you" Darcy screams as she hugs me tightly. I push away to get a good look at her. She looks a lot different than the last time I saw her. She's definitely gotten taller and I guess she met her long lost friend makeup this past summer. No doubt it does wonders to her, she looks better.

"No, look at you" I say back. Studying the improvements she has given herself.

"What about me?" she questions me as her face turns red.

"Nothing, you look different that's all" I answer. 

"Don't be a dick Grayson,  you know she looks hotter now. We can all see it." Phil chimes in. No one asked for his insight,  but since he's given it I guess I have to defend myself.

"No doubt, you look good Darc" I say as I walk past both of them and head inside the school.  I never really had friends, and the older I get the more I see why I don't need them. I make my way to my first class and take a seat next to the window. In walks Darcy and her friend Isabel. Isabel was beautiful. Long golden brown locks, innocent hazel eyes, and a  slight tan. Unfortunately that beauty only went so far. This girl literally was evil on the inside, just plain rotten. It didn't stop her from getting any guys she wanted though.

"Hi Grayson" Isabel spoke first. 

"Sup" I greeted back.

"How was your summer? Do anything fun" She asked and all I wanted her to do was remove herself from my presence. 

"It was okay" I answered shortly.

"Not going to ask how mines went?" she asked.

"No, I don't care. No need to ask" I could really care less about what Isabel did in her spare time when she wasn't ruining relationships.

"Don't be a dick all your life" Darcy said. She must still be mad about what I said outside.

"I'll try not to" I say as they walked away whispering words I couldn't decipher. 

The rest of my classes went by pretty fast, before I knew it school was over and I decided to walk home. The Michigan breeze let me know that Fall was here and I couldn't be any happier. 

I arrived home and luckily for me no one was there. I headed into the kitchen and grabbed a water from the fridge and an apple from the counter fruit bowl. I sat down at the dinner table and began to snack. Once i finished,  I discarded my trash and went to my room. I threw my bag to the floor and laid in my bed ready to doze off when my phone interrupted. It was Phil.

Phil: What's your problem? You really hurt Darcy's feelings today.

Hurt her feelings? She couldn't possibly be hurt because I said she looked different, which was the truth.  I even said she looked good. Why would anyone be offended from a compliment?  I didn't bother responding, instead I turned my phone off and went to sleep. This was going to be a long junior year.