Chapter 3.

My morning classes became a blur to me. I couldn't focus on any of my studies because of her. Why can't I get her out of my head? Why am I so fascinated by her? The lunch bell rang and I used that as an opportunity to get some fresh air. I packed up my books and headed towards the football bleachers. I sat down and watched as the P.E teacher conducted his class to run laps around the field.

"Well well well, what do we have here?"

I knew that horrible voice anywhere.  It was Isabel.

"May I help you?" I asked her.

"Just wondering why you're acting like a loner" she tells me.

"Does it really bother you that much that I prefer to be alone sometimes?" I ask.

"No, it bothers my friend. Darcy feels like you're drifting away from her and Phillip" She tells me.

"Then have Darcy confront me about it, not you. " I snap. I begin to get up from the bleachers , when Isabel pulls on my shirt to seat me back down.

"Look I know you don't like me, and quite frankly I don't care. But Darcy is one of my best friends, and if she ends up hurt you'll regret it" she says as she let's go of my shirt, allowing me to leave.

I don't say anything back. How could I possibly hurt Darcy by using my lunch hour to clear my head? It's not like she's eating alone, she has Phil and Isabel. The bell interrupts my thoughts as it's time for me to finish up the school day.

Time rolls around and the school day has ended. I really can't wait to go home and sleep off everything that has happened today. Thinking back on the events, she pops into my head. Her grey eyes, big and beautiful. Innocent and full of mystery. Great, just when I thought I've forgotten about her. I want this to go away, she's clouding my thoughts and I don't even know her. How is that even possible? 

"Grayson!"

I turn around to see Darcy jogging to catch up to me.

"Hey Darc" I greet her.

"I didn't see you at lunch today, trying to pull a fast one like me?" She jokes around to reference her disappearance this morning. 

"Haha, not really.  I wasn't feeling too good, just needed some air. Sorry I should have let you guys know" I tell her.

"No worries,  just making sure you're okay. Seems like we never hang out anymore.  How about this Friday? " she asks.

"Sure, we could use some catching up" I confirm.

"Great, well I have to make up some mandatory community service hours. So I have to stay after school,  text me later" She says, and we part ways.

The walk home from school was better than I expected. The thoughts about mysteriera (the name I had made up for the grey eyed girl) seemed to have disappeared.  Now all I can think about is hanging out with Darcy on Friday. 

I arrived at home and again, the house was empty. I walked into the kitchen and picked up the note that was left for me on the island.

Hi dear, your sister had a recital so we won't be home until late tonight. I have left money for whatever you decide to order. love mom xx

I guess I'll have chinese, do my homework and call it a night. I ordered my food and went to take a shower to waste time. Once the food I arrived, I payed and went to the dinning room table to eat. I ate, did my homework, and cleaned up after myself then headed to bed. I then remembered to text Darcy.

Me: Hey, time got the best of me. Sorry for texting you so late.

Darcy: It's cool, just happy you remembered. (:

Me: Always, so for Friday.  What do you want to do?

Darcy: Movies and shakes like freshman year? Lol.

Back in freshman year, Darcy and I went to see a movie and it depressed her. I then took her out for shakes to try and make her happy and it became our thing.  We did that whenever we would go see a movie. 

Me: Haha, it's a deal.

Darcy: Great! Good night!  :D

Me: Night.

I put my phone on the charger and drifted off to sleep.