Chapter 2

We walked until we found a really cool vintage clothing store. I was really glad Brett stopped there, because that was somewhat my type of clothing. 

Brett helped me pick out a few vintage band shirts (Grateful Dead, Rolling Stones, The Who etc...)

It was honestly really fun... considering I haven't gone shopping in sooooo long. 

I even convinced Brett to get me a new pair of converse, with the help of Joey. 

But the whole time I couldn't stop thinking about Leo. 

Ughhhh. He was just soooo mysterious and handsome and intriguing. and I absolutely hated the fact that I thought that. But the way he did that half smile thing was just... asdfghjklfgklsdfgjdfg

But the thing I keep forgetting is I'm never going to see him again. I'm never going to get the chance to talk to him. and he's famous. 

And I'm, well I'm me. 

"Hello? Earth to Charolette!" Brett snapped. 

I quickly snapped out of it. 

"Were leaving," Joey said.

I grabbed my bag of new clothes and walked out. 

"Thank you guys so much for all of this, it has been amazing, This was such a great birthday!" I said. I almost forgot it was my birthday. It really has been one of the best birthdays I've ever had. They smiled. 

"Give us your number so we can keep in touch!" Brett said. 

At that point I came to reality. I have no where to go. I'm gonna have to live on the streets. My face got cold-

"Wait . Joey you're done with college Friday.... On saturday we could drive up here, and maybe look for an apartment?? It has always been my dream to move here! Charolette, you could stay with us starting on saturday if you'd like," Brett said. 

Well that worked out. I'm guessing Brett's family has alot of money considering the clothes he bought me, the car he has... the apartment thingy. They were so generous considering I just met them, today. 

"That sounds like a rad idea! You in Charolette?" Joey said. 

I smiled. "Totally!!!!" 

I gave them my number, and then we walked back to there car so I could get my stuff. 

Only a week on the streets. Shouldn't be that bad.

"Charolette, were gonna miss you!! Huggs!!!" Brett said. 

Both Joey and Brett attacked me in a hug. 

It was so weird. I'm not used to people caring about me. 

I smiled and took in the hug. They were really great people. 

"Text me!!" I said.

"We will!" Joey said, getting into the car. 

I watched as they drove away. 

Well here I am . In the city, alone with my suitcases. 

"Grrrrowlll." My stomach was making weird noises. 

I realized I haven't eaten all day. Anddddd I have no money. 

I think I'm gonna have to do what every jobless musician has to do in the city.

I slowley took out my ukulele and put my ukulele case in front of me. Is this really where I wanted to end up? I'm such an idiot. What did I expect was going to happen when I decided to go to the city? Alone? With no money? 

I kinda froze like an idiot with my ukulele for a good two minutes as people quickly passed by. 

"Growwwwwwwwwl" I need to get food. 

I held back my pointless tears and began to sing.

Hours went by, it was getting dark. My voice was killing me. I went from original songs... to covers.. to just making up songs on the spot because I ran out of things to sing. 

I made 32 dollars and 16 cents, which I am pretty proud of. 

I took  my money and put it in my ukulele in my case, put it on my back, grabbed my bags and began to walk. I felt so sheek in my new clothes. Although my hair and makeup was a complete mess, I was happy my clothes were nice. 

I found a little pizza shop a few blocks down. It didn't look too expensive or packed, which I was glad about because I was starving. I got a slice of pizza, a water, and a monster. I needed to save some of my money just in case. I had 19 dollars left.

I ate inside the place because I needed some peace and quiet from the busy streets. 

The pizza place was really nice inside. There was a really beautiful plant near the window of the little shop. It was such a vivid green with lavender flowers. I took a picture of it. 

I realized my phone was almost dead, so I charged it in one of the outlets of the place.

After a good hour and a half I unplugged my phone, put the charger in one of my suitcase compartments, and headed out into the street. 

I paused for a moment. I checked the time. 10:45 p.m. 

It was already pitch black out and I needed to find some shelter before all the creeps come out. 

One thing for sure, I was not going to sleep on the actual street, I do not trust this city. 

I figured the best place to sleep was probably on top of a building, at least I'd be isolated up there. 

I walked a couple blocks until I found a building with a side stair case that led almost to the top of the building. 

It was a small building, brown bricks, kinda worn out. On the right side of the building it had red metallic stairs leading to the top of the building. 

I nonchalantly walked over to the stairs. I quietly walked up them... step by step... They were pretty steep stairs.

Boy was I nervous. I was so ready to hear an alarm go off or someone notice me, but nothing. 

I got to the top. I threw my bags over and hopped up onto the top of the building.

It was pretty plain up there. There was a door coming up from the top of the building and that was it. 

I lied down on my back realizing I was gonna be safe up here, atleast for now.