~1~

~Clem P.O.V~

I woke up from my bed, AJ gone, and sat up. My body, especially feet, were freezing like always as I must've kicked the sheets off of me in my sleep. Marlon said he wanted to talk about something in the court so of course I had to go, or either he'd be super pissed. I reached over to the dresser next to me and put my hat on then slowly approached the door. My head hurt like hell and my vision was a little fuzzy possibly from just waking up. I reached for the door handle but before I could, it twisted open. I jumped a little back from the shock but tried to not have my heart racing. Behind the door was Louis, he was in his usual brown coat, green long sleeved shirt, blue jeans and brown boots. I'd never seen him without his coat on, I don't think anyone else here has either. "Oh sorry, did I startle you?" He asked but I shrugged.

"A little. What did you come here for? Is it about Marlons meeting thing?" I replied.

"Guessed right. Everyone's outside, a little waiting for you to snap out of sleeping beauty mood."

"I wouldn't exactly call it 'beauty' but I'm up now, let's go. Is AJ with Tenn again?" I asked as we exited my room and headed outside.

"Yep. Them two are like peas in a pod if you know what I mean."

"What did Marlon want to blab about now?"

"Honestly, no clue. Maybe about supplies...the dangers of outside the safezone or even someone stealing something again. Damn it, Aasim should've just asked Tenn if he could've had a pen from Sophie's box, I mean I don't blame Tenn for freaking out, she's dead after all and he's her brother. Oh and Omar wanted you to know that for tonight is rabbit, again."

"Ya'know, we could maybe try get that greenhouse working again. It would help loads!"

"Yeah it would, but no ones bothered to even touch it! Maybe Ruby but she'll need help. Lots of it."

"I don't mind. Besides, helps us a ton!" As we reached the door, Louis put his back against it and pushed it open, looking into my eyes.

"Come on, let's see what Mar-Mar's got to say this time about you sleeping in." When the door opened, everyone's eyes shot at me and Louis but then back at where Marlon was at, on a bench.

"Your late." Marlon shouted over but I rolled my eyes at his comment.

"Well it ain't like we got alarm clocks nowadays, now is it?" I slightly argued back then sat with Louis and AJ on the ground in front of Marlon.

"So, as we know, as Clem and AJ has joined, its swallowing up more and more food as the days go by. I'm not blaming them for it but it is blind to the naked eye, but if you see the food crate, it's the definition of empty now. The safe zone is safe but less and less animals are showing up as the days go by so we...we need to risk going outside of it." Suddenly, everyone around burst into arguing, shouting and complaining about his words. I guess it wasn't only Marlon who cared about it. Well, Minnie and Sophie did die when they went outside of it around a year ago.

"It's safer in the safe zone! No one will have the chance of dying!" Someone argued.

"You have to be kidding me!" Another complained.

"The fuck? Why are you changing our law?" Someone questioned.

"I can't take this shit anymore." I whispered and stood up then jumped on top of the bench beside Marlon. "SHUT THE FUCK UP GUYS!!" I shouted and everyone paused. AJ was so scared Louis was hugging him. "Ok, now that I have your attention, whatever Marlon is saying is to help us out with food and safety so just shut up and let him speak." I sat down where I was stood and looked up at Marlon. He gave me a smile then looked back at the crowd of angry teens and kids.