Chapter Six: Beginning to Read

————time skip————

After a few hours of running around and playing in the rain, Patton poked his head outside and called out to you two to come in and have lunch.

You ran upstairs once entering the house and went to your room, changing into a panda onesie. You ran back downstairs and sat at the table, having to sit on your knees.

F/n came trudging down the stairs a few minutes later and sat across from you. She looked extremely tired and upset.

You frowned slightly as you noticed this before looking at the food with a smile. You fished yourself up some food once everyone else started to and managed to get enough to eat.

After everyone was done dishing up, you started eating, smiling at how good it tasted.

"Mmmm!" You hummed happily as you ate, making a small mess.

Once everyone was done eating, Roman took the dishes and went to the kitchen to wash them. You got out of your chair and ran upstairs to grab your book. After you grabbed it, you ran back downstairs and sat on the couch, excited about learning to read.

Logan walked over to the couch and sat beside you.

"We discussed some things last night and decided that you will be helped with reading every week on a Thursday. This week, I'll help you. Next week, Thomas will help you. The week after that, Roman will help you. The week after that, Patton will help you. The week after that, Virgil will help you. And so the cycle will continue until you are able to read this book on you're own." Logan told you.

You, despite being confused, nodded and handed Logan the book so he could teach you to read.

————time Skip brought to you by the sad section of the Hamilton soundtrack ((I'm legit crying))————

You frowned as you two finished the first chapter a few hours later.

"I'm confused.." you admitted.

"About what?" Logan asked.

"This part." You told him, taking the book and sowing him the bit you two had just read over the last few hours.

Logan sighed and looked down.

"This will be more challenging than I predicted." The nerd mumbled.

A few seconds later, Virgil poked his head into the room. "Come eat.." he mumbled quietly before sitting at the table.

You ran to the table and sat in the chair beside Virgil. He tensed up slightly, but you didn't seem to notice as you were mainly focused on receiving food. Once it got there and everyone was sitting down, you grabbed some food and started eating. You looked over at F/n to see she only had a few things on her plate. You frowned slightly, but decided to ask her later when you two were in the bedroom.

—————mini time skip cuz I don't wanna describe food and how you're eating it... *shiver*—————

Once all the food was done, Virgil took the used dishes into the kitchen and started washing them. F/n quickly got up and rushed to the bathroom, locking herself inside.

'At least there's another bathroom upstairs in case she's in there for a long time.' You thought as you headed up to your room and crawled into your bed, staring outside through the window. You saw some kids playing and got curious, so you got out of bed and went downstairs to Thomas.

"Dad, why are there kids outside? Did they do something bad?" You asked, not exactly knowing how playing worked since you usually only went outside if you had gotten in trouble.

Thomas looked at you before going to a window and looking at the kids playing outside.

"No, they're not in trouble - I don't think - they're just playing outside. You and I were playing outside earlier in the rain, remember?" Thomas said, ending his talking with a question.

You suddenly remembered and nodded.

"Oh yeah! I remember know! That was fun." You said with a little giggle at the end. Thomas suddenly got an idea.

"How about tomorrow, you, me, Patton, Logan, Roman, Virgil, and F/n all go to the park together?" He suggested. Your eyes lit up excitedly and you nodded.

"I would love to!!" You said with a grin, jumping up and down happily.

Thomas smiled at you and hugged you for a moment before letting go.

"You should go get ready for bed. And don't forget to brush your teeth." He told you. You nodded and ran upstairs to go get ready for bed. You knew he wouldn't send you to bed right afterwards, because last time he put you to bed, it was dark outside and at that moment, the sky was yellow, pink, and other colours.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the wait, guys!! And sorry this chapter is shorter than usual, I couldn't really think of anything to write because, while I do want to send the reader to school, I'm going to make that wait for a few more chapters/until she is able to read the book F/n gave her. So if you have any suggestions for more chapters, please tell me in the comments.

See you all in the next one, Guys, Gals, and Non-binary pals, PEACE OUT!!!