Chapter 2: My School

Joshua's POV

Compared to other students here in our school, I'm a good student. I admit it because it's true. Teachers here are not that strict to us because they know that no one will listen to them if they're going to be strict. That's how horrible our school is, I mean the students. Well, even if it's like that, there are other students here that respect them. There are more than 60 of us in every classroom. Well, this is the life of a college student that nobody wishes for here. Here in our school, we have a Greek Mythology subject that no one likes. Maybe the nerd ones here like those kind of topics or lessons but most of us? Nah. Mr. Thompson is our teacher here and he always gives us hard time on our assignments like "Who is Hercules? Where does Hades go when he is bored? Where does their palace can be found? Who is Poseidon and how many children he has?" and lots more questions. See? We don't like to waste our time for those kind of stuffs but we need to... for our grades' sake. Mr. Thompson gave us our 15th assignment and I wish that he would just take it back... and I'm sure that I'm not the only one who wishes for it.

"You need to have a research about a Goddess and gather information about that Goddess. If you want to have more than one Goddess, it's okay for me." Mr. Thompson. Okay... that was lame. I already said that I'm not interested in these things. Is knowing a lot about Greek Mythology can help me to become an Architect? O my God. I always think that I'm just wasting my time with all of this, but as I said a while ago, we need to do what Mr. Thompson asks us to do for us to have a good grade and no to have a failing grade in his class. There are lots of books in the library. Greek Mythology books? We only have one shelf for it but God it's really hard to search for a Goddess in those books. Maybe I'll just ask May, a bookworm in our class... and guess what? She's just a seat away from me.

"Hey May, can you help me with the assignment? About searching for a Goddess? I'm having a hard time." I whispered.

"Uhmm, yeah sure. But I'm just going to give you a name and you'll be the one to look for it 'cause I'm also doing some of my assignments. Try to look for Athena." May said and smiled. Okay, I know that she's teasing me 'cause she knows that I hate reading about Greek Mythology.

"Okay? Urgh, I really hate this. I don't have any plan to know more about Greek Mythology thingy, it just makes my head ache. One more thing, who's Athena? Thanks for the help, but I need a little more please? I'll treat you for 3 days." I have no choice but to bribe her. That's the only way that comes up into my mind.

"You can't always get what you want Josh. Bribery won't take you anywhere. I know you can do it all by yourself and that you don't need me and you're just too lazy to scan those books. They are already in front of you. Find the answers by your own." and with that she walked out of the library. She left the book that she was reading a while ago. It's about Greek Mythology. She left the book open in the page 165; "GODDESS" is the title of the page. And then there I saw a picture of Athena. I smiled and decided to borrow that book from the library.