Daniel's Perspective

"Daniel, I'm home," his wife's voice called out as  the screen door banged closed behind her. He put down the file he was reading, grabbed his crutch and pushed himself up off the couch. Daniel walked into the entry way and watched Peggy slip off her shoes and set down her handbag.
"How was the appointment Peg, any shots today?" He asked, teasing her about her irrational fear. He expected a snide comment back, maybe even a playful kiss, but instead she remained quiet, pulling off her gloves. Daniel took an unsteady step towards her, resting a hand on her shoulder and gently spinning her to face him.
"What's wrong Peg?" He asked, concern drawn on his face. She shook her head, a small smile on her face.
"Nothing, I'm just going to have to get a lot of shots in the future."
"Why, are you sick Peggy?" He joked, though he could never see the great Peggy Carter sub coming to illness.
"No Daniel," his wife said, smiling, "But one does have to endure lots of needle pricks when they are pregnant." 
He stopped short, almost not believing what he had heard. He looked at her face and confirmation, "Pregnant?"
She nodding and began to cry, joyfully tears sliding down her face. He grabbed her and pulled her into a hug, both of them laughing and crying. Peggy pulled back and looked up at him, "Are you mad?" He was taken aback by the question. Did Peggy really think he was angry?
"Why would I be angry Peg?" He asked, cupping her beautiful face in his strong, calloused hands.
Relief washed over his wife's face,
"Well, we never really talked about it, Daniel."
"I've always wanted to be a father, but didn't want to push you to put aside your career," he said, pushing back Peggy's brunette curls and kissing her forehead, "And now, I couldn't be more excited to have a baby. I'm in this with you til the end Peg." Through her tears, Peggy grasped her husband's hand and placed it on her abdomen.
"Well darling", she said with a sniffle, "Let's do this. Together."