Epilogue

RUSSEL HENDRICKS

Ten Years Later....

"Why are you calling me so late?" I glimpse over the clock. A yawn passed my lips.

"I am so busy earlier. How are you? What about Darcy?" Eric asks from another line.

"I am fine and the brat still in the middle of learning process." I rolled my eyes when seeing the small figure beside me. A tear escapes his shutting eyes.

"Don't be so hard on him, hubby." Eric laughs softly. "I missed you so much."

"Me too." I pause. "How is Bryan?"

"He is fine too and missed both of you." I heard a heavy sigh. "I really hope this exhibition over soon."

"Be patient, Love. Also, this was your method to test Darcy real feeling."

"Yes, I know. Aren't we so cruel?"

"Nope... kid should be exposed to real life soon. This is for their future benefit too." I ensure him while caressing dark brown hair sleeping uncomfortable. Maybe he trapped in some dream.

"Hmm, two more weeks to go. Anyway, you should continue sleep again and sorry for disturbing your dream."

"Don't apologize. I am also missing you, Eric. Will patiently waiting you back in my arms again. Good night, Love."

"I am really, really miss you too. Alright, good night my beloved husband." With that, the line goes disconnect.

Darcy Hendricks is my biological son and Bryan is belonging to Eric. Both were from surrogate mothers. Darcy already reached seven while Bryan is five years old. Darcy presence was actually giving a big blow to my relatives. Afraid they might plot something, we kept a secret about the Darcy until he was born

I can't describe myself well when first heard his crying. My heart was feeling so much heavy from mixing feelings. It was so awkward to carry a small bundle in your arm. Before that, I never touch any baby. We kept the surrogate mother details and gave a high payment in return.

The woman maybe a little heartless when she never asks anything about the baby she just delivered. From the doctor explanation, the woman needs money urgently. She even requested the doctor to deliver the baby earlier than due date. According to our deal, I only paid her after the baby safely be born. Second, the woman does not have any information about the baby's father. I made the plan to avoid unnecessary trouble in the future.

We just kept the woman details in case if Darcy wants to find his biological mother after growing up. As we have no right to restrain him from doing it. Raising a baby was a big challenge for Eric and me. The first one year enough to turn our life like living in hell. The boys shared the similarities in their earliest year.

Because of them, we lack of sleeping. It was better if we have never planned these babies. They only ruined our peaceful life with nonstop crying. Fortunately, Eric's mother and Claudia help us a lot. When our stressed in the peak, my mother chased Eric and me to has a break somewhere. They knew we had reached the limit of patience.

The situation was actually a little calmer when Bryan comes into our life. We used the last experience to take care the second baby in our life. At that time, we already a bit prepared to handle the new life.

The rough time happened when they began entering the school. Apparently, their classmate always asked why they have two daddies instead a mother. Bryan just accepts like nothing but Darcy cannot take it well. He starts showing the dissatisfaction through rebellious action.