Chapter 19

ERIC MAXWELL

All the documents dropped from my hand when Maxim bumped into me after exiting Russel's office. His face is fierce like a mafia boss. No word of apologizing from him except a despise eyes. I knew he is fuming when saw how intimated Russel with me and plus something Russel might have told him inside the room.

Some part of me brimming with sweet victory. Another part is in fear in case he start spreading a stupid rumour or vengeance later. I do not want either one of them. I only wished a peaceful life and problem free.

"Don't think that you have ever won for now." He left me with a sentence full of question marks. What he mean is? With a soft knock, I open the door. Russel put down the pen and ask me to take a seat. This man really heartless. Why does he still look calm when his close friend almost turned a demon with spitfire?

"Did he look scary?" Russel casually asked me.

"Quite a lot... what happened?" I give document to him.

"Well, the man just heart broken. Let not bother ourselves with him. Once he'd calm, he will come around again." Russel places his signature over the urgent document.

"Hmm..." I answered him, as I don't want to dig the matter too much. Russel last warned still lingered in the mind." I am patiently waiting him finish checking the document and sign where it required.

Carmen also distanced herself from me like I was a great plaque. Once a while when we passes each other, she gives a glare or disgusting remarked. When I'd chosen to be a gay, I'd prepared my mind with a solid resolved. One or billion stranger's opinion has nothing to do with me.

As a human with only one chance to alive, it only wasting a time living under people opinion. Human have a very right to live as oneself like. Either, assumed a life as good as a saint, or bad as an evil, or even living with the balance between two elements. No one can reach a perfectionist term no matter how genius they are.

"Did you think about the poor guy?" Russel's grabbed me back to reality.

"Poor... whom?" I questioned him.

"Your ex." He stares at me. A stare with hidden motive.

"Russel... the thing between me and him was long over before I meet you. Now, he just one of the many people I met in my life." I sighed when leaning on the chair.

"Really?" A doubtful flash in his icy eye.

"Yes, and excuse me. Are you jealous?" I struck him with unexpected word.

"It's a crime if I really jealous over my own husband with his psycho stalker?"

"Nope... but rare. Do we would celebrate Christmas early this year?" I mocked him.

"Don't act as a smart mouth here." He glare at me.

"By the way, what did you tell Maxim? He looks super angry?"

"Just state a true that you are my husband." He casually answer.

"Damn, you added another terrorist in my life again?" I huffed.

"Don't worry, I would protect you with my life." A heat spread across my face. How can he answer it with a straight face?

"Whatever?" I lost any word to go against him. Honestly, I would love to hear these flowery words again and again.

The day does not have too much drama except some windy whispering when the staffs spotted us walking together. Seems like they already knew about their boss sexuality preference. When people with status, power and money openly told the world they are gay, nobody would dare to tarnish the person image.