Chapter 11- Unfinished Business

"What do you want?" I demanded, glaring stony eyed at the god. 

Hades chuckled. He leaned up against the counter, flicking a drop of blood away. "To see if it was true."

"If what was true?"

"If Delphilia really killed you. She said she had, that her plan worked perfectly, but I wanted to be certain. And she did. She'll be missed, of course, but the outcomes of finishing her business are... phenomenal."

I swallowed the fear in my throat, clenching my fists. Hades' presence was sending out waves of fear. I could feel them hitting me, trying to make me scared of him. So that's how he kept his power, making people too terrified to defy him. That, and his power. "What do you mean? What outcomes?"

"Peter Pan, that's what. He's ruined. His precious Abigail, ripped from his arms and burned right in front of his eyes. Oh, how will he ever recover? He's depressed, he's broken. And now, stricken with grief, he's no threat to me anymore," Hades taunted, smiling gleefully. "Oh, and his lost boys. About a fifth of them are dead. He's mourning them, too, and dealing with the fact that he lead them into a massacre."

I felt my chest tighten. Peter. How could this happen to him? Sure, he's made mistakes, but he didn't deserve this. And the lost boys? A fifth of them died for me. Because of me. I should never have come to Neverland. If I hadn't summoned that stupid shadow, Peter wouldn't have fallen in love with me, the boys wouldn't have died, and Newt wouldn't be stuck on that island. 

"Newt? What about him?" I asked, holding back tears. God, if anything happened to him I wouldn't know what to do.

"The attractive one with the limp?" He waved his hand dismissively. "Oh, he's fine. After you died, Delphilia had gotten her revenge on Pan, so she passed on. Poor girl. She probably wouldn't have finished her business if she knew where she ended up after passing."

"And where's that?"

"Hell."

There was a long pause. I hated Delphilia for killing me, but she was just a hurt girl acting in a blind hate for her murderer. Did she deserve to go to hell? 

"She killed you! " I reminded myself, "Of course she does."

"What about those... things. The creatures with the orange blood."

Hades shrugged. "Delphilia disappeared, they crawled back to papa. That's me by the way."

"Those things are here?"

"More or less. They live underground. They won't bother you if you don't bother them. Word of advice- stay out of caves."

I leaned back against the wall where there wasn't any blood. "So you were behind it all. Delphilia. The creatures. Everything."

Hades spread his arms triumphantly, and evil smile on his lips. "Yes. And I won. Peter Pan will never be a threat to me. He's too weak to ever make a move on the underworld. It's all mine."

I pushed off the wall, taking a few steps forward. "He never wanted your stupid kingdom! He doesn't need any more territory, he's content to stay on Neverland- his own turf. This wasn't necessary!"

Hades glared at me with cold eyes, advancing. "That's what you think, silly lost girl? That Peter Pan doesn't want more? He always wants more. And I'll clue you in on a little secret. All he does is consume. He'll take everything if he isn't stopped. But he will not take me."

"That's not true!" I cried, shaking my head. 

"Isn't it? He took eternal youth first. But somehow that wasn't enough, so he took Neverland and he still wasn't satisfied. So, he started taking people from Earth and all of it's realms. He took absolute power over those people. Then you showed up. And you were in love with that limping kid, and so instead of leaving you to be happy with him, he took you, too. Can't you see that? If you don't think Pan would take my kingdom, you are even stupider than I thought."