1.

It was raining.
Like cats and dogs.
And I was stuck in the library.
I checked the wall clock. Almost six.
I brought out my phone from my handbag and pressed speed dial six. My mum.
She picked up almost immediately. "Hey, sweetie. Where are you?"
"At the library," I replied. "Can you come get me?"
"Oh. You're never at the library this late. What happened?"
I shrugged even though I knew she could not see me. "Big test tomorrow, I guess."
I could tell she was distracted. But almost immediately, she gasped. "it's raining," she exclaimed. "I'll be there in twenty minutes, okay?"
"Mum, they're already closing."I could have called earlier but I thought the rain would subside. It only got worse.
The librarian walked up to me. She was already carrying her bag. "All good?"
I nodded. I was the last person out. I felt so terrible. I didn't want to delay Hannah, the librarian.
"She's on her way," I told her.
"Okay, then," she said, relieved.
I carried my bag. "You could lock up now," I told her.
Hannah looked uncertain. "Are you sure?"
I nodded. I didn't want her to have to wait because of me. "I'll stay under a shade until my mum comes."
Hannah grinned. "Okay."
Less than a minute later, she was gone. I watched her drive away while little drops of water splashed on my feet.
Ten minutes later, I was shivering. I was playing No by Meghan Trainor really loudly because I had left my earphones at home.
I watched as a boy run from across the street, his head bowed, hoody up.
I saw the conflict in his movement when he noticed me. Should he ignore or walk up to me?
He chose the latter.
"Hey," he said. He let his hoody down.
It was Jake from school.
"Hi."I really did not want to talk to anyone from school, most especially anyone of his social status. Jake was one of the most popular boys in school, the third, according to ranking. He was also in my English class.
"What's up," he asked when he got closer to me. He removed his earphones.taking a closer look at me, he grinned. "Aimee, right?"
I nodded."I'm just waiting for my mum."
He smiled under the rain and ran his hand through his blonde hair.
Which was totally soaked. Not to mention his whole body. He had been in the rain for a long time. His hoody did nothing to shield him. It was totally wet.
He smiled again. "I could keep you company."
I inwardly groaned. What was the matter with boys? Always showing up when you didn't need them.
"Meghan Trainor, right?"
I nodded, surprised.
He laughed. "I'm not a creep. I have a younger sister."
I smiled a little.
He sighed and walked over to me, his crocs making squishy sounds.
I didn't want to be rude but I just had to ask him. "Why are you here,"I asked.
He shrugged, not at all offended. "I need a break from running."
Okay, my curiosity was heightened. Why were you out running in the rain, I wanted to ask him but just then, my mum's car pulled up.
"Bye," I told Jake, running down the library stairs carefully. I climbed into the car, choosing the passenger's seat. I belted up and looked back outside. Jake was already running again, his hoody up.
My mum smiled at me. "How was your day, sweetie?"
I shrugged. "Okay, I guess."I was silent for a while before I spoke up again. "You know, you could just get me a car like every other human being. Then I wouldn't have to call you if something like this happens."
" We need to get you out of those wet clothes," was all she said.
"Mum? Did you hear me?"
"We've already talked about this. The answer is no."
I swallowed, my eyes filling up with tears. "I'm not a baby."
My mum reached out to touch my brown, silky hair. "I know, honey."
I toughened up and played the next song on my playlist.

Hiiiiii! New story.
Thanks for taking this chance.
Please do me a huge favor and tap that little star .
😘